Any way to make the hair softer after trimming?

I’m a male in my early twenties and about two years ago I started getting more hairy. I’m afraid I might have a hairy back by 28 or something! I hate my chest hair already, I workout and It just doesn’t look good to me.

I tried waxing before and shaving but I get too many ingrowns so a temporary solution is to just trim… the problem is the stuble, my chest doesn’t feel nice if I trim too close. Any tips?

BTW I heard about homemade tendskin which I’ll be trying very soon! hopefully it’ll work…

Moisturizing with a skin lotion a few times a day might help. It may not make a big difference but it might be worth a try. What type skin are you? The ingrowns may be genetic, Tend Skin can help those and some I know have good success with it.

I remember Jergens had a “shave minimizing” lotion that was designed for this purpose, it might be still on the market. It was marketed to GGs (only) for their leg hair, to soften it so the scratchy sensation was less and they would feel a need to shave it off less often. I know some GGs who said it helped them, but I don’t know if it really works well on genetic males, but it might be worth a try.

Skin type? well I’m a latin not sure if that tells it.

What do you currently use to trim?

Just a regular hair trimmer. Like the ones used to cut head hair.

There are some body trimmers sold that people generally like on this forum. Using those may help. Other than that, it’s hard to do anything here because what you’re feeling is the thickness of your hair since the hair shaft is thicker in the middle than it is at the ends which you are cutting off.

To be honest with you, I don’t think there is anything you can do to make your hair softer to a degree that you would be happy with. I know, I’ve been there. I trim my legs and arms with a 1.5 trimmer, but the stubble isn’t much of an issue. Especially on my legs. If you are worried about the appearance you could always bleach it blonde, but it’s still going to be stubbly.

You can try tend skin for the ingrowns, but it really doesn’t help that much, especially not enough to warrant the price. I’d go with something permanent bro. I actually had decent results with a GENTLElase laser on that area, and I had bad results everywhere else with a laser. Most people can get decent results on the chest and stomach areas. Might want to look into it. You could even try electrolysis to clear the area once and it would probably remove some of it and make what came back finer.