Any idea on what machine is that?

Hello Everyone,

First time posting in the forum, but I’ve been reading this forum for years and it helped me a lot during my electrolysis journey :slight_smile:

So, I used to have electrolysis in the UK, and my technician was using a really high tech machine, an Apilus, but do not exactly remember which model.
Anyway, results were awesome, and almost not painful at all.

Now I’m back in France, and fining an electrolygist here is way much harder, unfortunately. I found one, a center doing almost exclusively this treatment, which is a good thing.
However, I’m really surprised with the machine they’re using. I’ve attached a pic here. Do you guys knows what type of machine is that?
I have the feeling it is a really basic system and it worries me a bit.
I want to do the sides of my face, but I rather keep my hair and clear skin than pitting.
Any advice?

Thank you!

do you ask your plumber what brand of pipe sealant they use? Or your mechanic whether they are using all snap- on tools?

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean… Are you saying I should not question about what machine they’re using?

I don’t recognize these brands and I can’t even read all the words, but I can tell you that the top machine is a manual blend machine and the bottom one appears to be for flash thermolysis exclusively. So between the two, they cover every one of the basic modalities, same as your old electrologist’s Apilius, just without all the fancy presets and automation. It’s like comparing manual and automatic cars - both have their advantages and disadvantages, some people will prefer one, some prefer the other, but as long as the driver knows what they’re doing, both will get you where you need to go.

Many thanks, Angela! That was the kind of answer I was looking for :slight_smile:
I’ve read many times on this forum than the experience of the technician as well as the machine were important, that’s why I thought I ask if anyone knew this machine.
Not that I was not trusting the center or anything, I just wanted to have an opinion as it is a much different machine from the one I was used to…
So thanks again for the helpful answer :ok_hand:

You can ask about the machine but the question at least from the client perspective is irrelevant. Do you ask about the type or brand of stove used to cook the food in a restaurant, or the brand of the X-ray unit used by your dentist? It is the skill of the electrologist that determines the final outcome not the brand of machine they are using.

1 Like

And… I do not understand the comparison with a restaurant, a mechanic or a plumber. Are they working on my face? I don’t think so.
For instance, I had laser on my body, and I know for a fact that a type of machine works better than another for me.
That’s why, maybe wrongly, I assumed that this machine was not the best compared to the one I was used to.
France is not known as a reference for electrology treatment, so I think I have the right to find info that, I assume, are important to me.
Also, when clients have issues with pitting and scarring, they’re often asked by people here, what machine/modality the operator used on them, so I don’t understand how it’s different.
Anyway, I had the clarification I needed, thanks to Angela. That’s all I wanted.

Individuals asking about machines when problems arise are unaware that the machine has nothing to do with the outcome.