Any advice for shaving my legs?

Ok, Im a guy, and I shaved my legs for the first time a couple days ago. I looked up how to do it properly, from many sources online, before hand.

I bathed before hand in warm water, exfoliated, used shaving cream, and a brand new sharp razor. And while I did get some irritation, and razor bumps, thats not the main problem, I know why that happened.

I went over my entire legs, multiple times, probably too many in some areas (why i got some irritation I presume). Even after that, I seemed to have missed spots, and by spots I mean my entire legs.

I still have stubble in most places. And its extremely uncomfortable. Its prickly whenever I sit down and stuff.

So Im just wondeirng what i should do differently for next time?

Stubble begins to grow back the second you finish shaving. Most people with coarse hair will feel the stubble by the end of the day or next (some people feel the prickle within an hour or two!) You can use lotions that soften the hair as it grows in, but in general the smooth feeling doesn’t last long. Most people with thickish hair have to shave each morning.

This is why we’re all here, on this forum, discussing laser and electrolysis. Shaving is just too temporary and too much work for a large area like the legs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooh ok. Thanks for the reply.

It just seemed way too quick. Like 10 minuets after I got out of the bath and I sat on my bed it was uncomfortable and prickly…

Oh well.

You may need to go over them again with a fresh razor. You might want to try a different razor with more blades if that doesn’t work for you.

Yes, multiple-blade razors allow you a closer shave while going over the area fewer times. You may have just not had an ideal razor.

Still though, shaving is not fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

You said this was a few days ago, why haven’t you shaved since? First-time shaving is harder than subsequent shaving because the hair is all long and sticks to the razor. Your second time will be easier.

Well it was a 5 blade razor and brand new.

And I dont know why I haven’t again. I will today.

Wax them seriously, it’s painful the first time but the results are WAY better I promise. I shaved my legs once and I wanted to DIE, wait until your thighs start growing back all picky, it’s the worst thing in the world. Waxing gives you smooth results and the hair grows back slower and finer. I bought a lidocaine spray on ebay to help numb them before doing it last, helped a lot.