Another "Is this Normal" Thread :)

Hi and thank you in advance for your feedback!

I completed my first electrolysis session on Saturday morning for my chin. It lasted an hour. The first day was pretty normal - swollen and red. As of this morning, the area still feels a little tender and sore (and a bit itchy which is new) and looks like the pictures I have attached. I have been using witch haze twice a day. My next appointment is in three weeks.

Also wondering if it is safe to start wearing make up at this point to cover some of the redness when I have work meetings.

Any advice would be so appreciated!

Looks nominal to me; make-up is “fine & dandy!” (dab, don’t rub in in.)

Thank you for taking time to reply; makes me feel a lot better!

I know … it’s really terrible how the normal side-effects look after electrolysis. Danny Eastman used to tell his clients, “Honey, after I do electrolysis you’ll look like a horror story!” Danny had the most successful practice in Los Angeles and was the “electrologist to the stars.”

Just stick with it and a clear skin and no hair will be your reward. Meanwhile, wait until the skin heals “closed” (a day or two) and then get to your make-up. However, if you see actual problems, then a different course of action is indicated. But, you’re doing just fine.