American Laser Centers

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

Been doing laser and IPL removal for a long time now (since 2001)… Yeah, thousands $$… Thought IPL would work better, but found it seemed to keep hair from growing for a while, but when it grew back it seemed less dense but same amount, so switched to ALC to go back to a laser. Now it seems that their machines dont do anything to the hair at all. Had my arms treated and the hair is just growing, not falling out either.

I have a lot of yrs in this, and I am satisfied for the most part to results I have had, but after 8 yrs of zapping my body I shouldnt have any left, lol…

I purchased a full body package, but seems like nothing is improving at all… I go back and complain about it and told that I probably will be one of the candidates that uses their ‘two yrs after’ free services if it does not work with the first 6 treatments…

Just wondering what/if others have experienced with them.

I posted a pic of my arm. The laser was done about 3 wks ago.
My chest was last done about 2 months. I had very thick/lots of hair on my chest and abs, but now alot is gone

I can’t see the pictures.

What is your hair color? Is your hair thick? If these centers are still using the AmeriLase , I believe that is a diode and maybe it has an IPL part? Not the best laser according to others who have posted here. Also, there have been a lot of consumer complaints here on hairtell about ALC. One of my clients is not too happy with her experience, but bought a package and is just going to use it up anyway since she can’t get a refund.

Use the search feature here and typein ‘American Laser Center’ and read away. You should find answers to your questions.

Dee

Hi Troy guy-I know someone who is currently going to ALC and has been for the past three years. He bought a package and only continues because at this point he is not paying for treatments. He claims that the staff is not very knowledgeable about the equipment they are using or machine settings. His results have been mixed. I think he won’t know for sure about any permanent hair loss until he stops treatments. I have seen some of his results and it looks like the hair comes back thinner and lighter, but it is not growing back evenly. Eventually, he will stop all treatments and from what I understand, it will be a year before he will know exactly what the results of all his years of treatment will be. He says he experiences the usual redness and such, but has never had the pepperspots which tend to be a good sign.
I had LHR (which was really IPL) years ago and was not pleased with the treatments or results. In November 2008 I found this forum and told my LHR story and of my three year journey to find a reputable LHR business. I since had many email discussion with Chris, from R&J, which resulted in several treatments with his staff. Chris uses real lasers and this makes all the diference in the world. Before this forum I had no clue what a laser was or an IPL. I believed what I was told and was fooled.

Instead of the tease sentence, why don’t you just state what the information is about American Laser Centers in your post. I doubt that anyone is going to view your promotional laser site.

I guess that means someone doesn’t have a lot to say when it comes to sharing useful information.

I am of the pinion…all laser operators who are not licensed by the state will be out of business before long. They exist because of the distorted definition of the word “supervision” (similar to the distorted definition of PERMANENT REMOVAL when discussing and/or selling laser procedures. They do not know the definition of the word but have devised their own definition for their own self interests with no regard for the patient. This is a violation of all professional and business ethics in a professional business agreement where the client pays in advance to have some work done on her for a specified amount and expects the work to be completed in a legal, professional manner by skilled operators, who are licensed by the state agency that oversees licensing of medical and surgical procedures with licensing requirements that protect the patient by requiring a proper level of training by licensed teachers in a licensed school because lasers are NOT “non-invasive”. They are surgical devices regulated by FDA. The FDA list of side effects that accompany the LABELING OF THESE MEDICAL DEVICES spells this out explicitly.

FDA has established that “lasers are prescription devices that can not be sold to or used by anyone other than those licensed to use them in the states where they are licensed to practice. If a licensed physician allows his/her employee to use the laser the physician must supervise the procedure”.

When a free standing clinic, spa, hair removal facility or other establishment that utilizes a laser to remove hair, wrinkles, resurface skin, remove spider veins, skin tags, acne, tatoos, hemangiomas and/or other skin problems of a cosmetic or, medical nature and advertises they have a “Medical Director” or “MedicaL Advisor”, they have to notify the patient, before treatment begins, this advisor is not on site but is available for consultation.

The definition of SUPERVISE and/or SUPERVISES is clearly spelled out in any and all dictionaries of the English language.“A critical watching and directing as of a course of action”, “to OVERSEE”, “watch”, “examine”, “inspect”, “superintend”, are all synonyms for “supervise”, “or the act of supervising”. All definitions do not include any suggestion or hint of “off site” supervision or even for the supervisor to be in an other room in the same building. This will eventually be decided in court unless the Director of the State Professional Licensing Board acts in accordance with the powers that go with the office.

This is only an opinion, however, the number of suits and the size of them is too costly for the insurance companies to handle, consequently, they stopped accepting malpractice insurance from unlicensed electrologists. They are risking their homes, cars and any savings to continue a laser practice without the legal authority to do so.

Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in Massachusetts decided one day, that laser surgery was within their scope of licensing without any rules or regulations as to the necessary training to do this surgery. There was no law passed by the legislature to support this. Next week they will decide they can do brain surgery. They have absolutely no authority to do this or laser surgery.

FDA sets the rules and regulations regarding all prescription devices and lasers fall into their domain. All lasers sold or leased have to have a paper trail as to who sold it, what make and model laser was it, did it have the regular “check ups” (I do not own or lease or use one, however, I seem to remember they have to have a regular check up, like a 25,000 mile check up". They are regulated by the FDA Division of Non-ionizing Radiation Devices. All hair removal lasers function by virtue of their ability to VAPORIZE HAIR and TISSUE. They are surgical devices as they are used to “alter the shape and function of tissue”. Most laser wielders tell patients the laser is “noninvasive”, however, that is not true. The mere fact they are used to treat tissue below the surface indicates they do invade the body as do X-rays.

I manage ALC in Columbia, SC. Not to be confused with AMERICAN Laser Centers, we are ADVANCED Laser Center. I have worked with the Dr that owns our practice for the past 6 years. We were briefly caught up in the American Laser Centers corporate buy out of all Advanced Laser Clinics. (I know, confusing). It was horrible. The experience we had OVERCOMING the negative experiences patients had with American was incredible. Most technicians hired by American Laser Centers are not licensed estheticians. Their managers have no clinical background. My advise would be to find another laser center in your area. I know it’s bad to flush your money, but it’s adding insult to injury to have years of ineffective treatments.

I’m glad you defined who you represent. I thought you were with American Laser Centers. It might be worth your time to correct the signature part to spell out where you work so the two businesses are not connected in any way.

Thanks, I think I’ll take a moment and take care of that. :slight_smile: