Am I being treated correctly (blend electrolysis)?

Hi all

I am having electrolysis done on my face (upper lip and chin mostly at the moment but also cheeks). My electrologist uses the Apilus SX 500 and the blend method. I have PCOS but hair not as thick as you normally see so perhaps not as severe. So far I have had 3.5 hours of treatment and try to do 1 h every week split as 30mins upper lip and 30 mins chin and cheeks. I am a bit concerned because I have read people’s comments saying their lip was cleared in one session and the y go back for follow ups and my electrologist shows me the hair removed at the end of the session and it’s more like 20 hairs even though I counted about 50 tugs per 30 mins. Should I be worried that my treatment is not done correctly? I realise it’s way too soon to see a difference. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I did my entire face in blend. It takes time and you must kill hair over successive cycles of hair growth. There is no way you could do this in one clearance. The best in the world do it in 3-4 clearances, but the vast majority do not get enough treatment to do this and do successive treatments over 2-3 years are needed to do the job.Just because you feel a “tug” does not mean a hair is being removed. It’s common protcol to test the hair to check if it is loosened or needs additional treatment , it’s called progressive epilation and it’s part of the process.

I can tell you that blend i a very effective method of hair removal and it DoES work and often gives beautiful results.

Thank you very much. I feel more positive about it now. Will stick with it.

Hi Leo,

You might find the summary of my own experience helpful:

Thank you.