Airline travel

I have to fly out of town the end of this week. What are the airline regulations regarding razors in carry-ons. Last time I heard that blade razors had to be transported in checked baggage and are not allowed on carry-ons.

What about electric shavers in carry-on luggage?

RJC2001

Electrics are OK as I understand, though they may ask you to take it out for inspection. When in doubt, check it.

Sorry this is late, I fly every week and razors are ok in carry ons

Well, I checked the shaver for that trip and the baggage handlers ran over my hard sided luggage with a truck and destroyed it. This caused the razor to malfunction and the airlines would not cover that. They did give me a new suitcase but it was a POS, the wheels fell off of it after my next trip and of course they don’t cover that.

Is airline travel just great or what?

From now on the shaver goes in the carry on!

RJC2001

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by RJC2001:
<strong>Well, I checked the shaver for that trip and the baggage handlers ran over my hard sided luggage with a truck and destroyed it. This caused the razor to malfunction and the airlines would not cover that. They did give me a new suitcase but it was a POS, the wheels fell off of it after my next trip and of course they don’t cover that.

Is airline travel just great or what?

From now on the shaver goes in the carry on!

RJC2001</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Have you every heard of:“The squeeky wheel gets the oil”?
I’ve fle many years and when things get broken, lost and the airlines just plain screw up…thta is when you change to Bitch mode.
I’ve had Delta misplace my bags once in the winter and I brought a coat. I made them pay for it.
I’ve had a the wheel housing and wheels get ripped off and they repaired them.
I’ve had the heavy duty work box get totally destroyed and they fixed it like new.
Each time they told me the same thing…sorry but that isn’t included in coverage… But them I argue, hey yes normal damage is expected but this is outright destruction and you are held responsible for damage. Just don’t take no for an answer… you will be there a while but they will fix it just to get you off their ass!