after shaving, more hair grows faster/darker?

Hi. I recently heard that one of the reasons that caused excessive hair growth was due to topical stimulation. I think that this is a huge problem with my hair. Evidently, when I shave my armpits or use nair to remove my hair, the peach fuzz that grows around my armpit hair actually grows quicker, deeper, and darker, so every time I shave, I have to shave a bigger area in order to remove all the unwanted hair.
Does it seem to make sense that my skin is being irritated whenever I remove my hair, thus causing an excessive growth of hair?

How can I prevent the irritation of my skin, which could potentially prevent this problem that’s happening?

Thanks.

Hi ihavetoeatdinner??? That’s an inventive name! I responded to your private message about this. Do you want me to copy and paste it here?

how old are you? you may have removed a few fine hairs that are more noticeable after being shaved because the part where the hair is cut of is a bit thicker than the end. however, most likely, you’re just in the process where the hair is developing at your age, so more will grow whether you shave or not.

I think this is sort of true. and as you shave the hair, it grows thicker, hair is firmer and darker. just wax the hair off or use any hair removal cream.

no. it is not true. it feels more prickly because you’re cutting it off in the middle of the hair where it is a bit thicker than on the end. that’s all you are seeing.

I second this. Unfortunately, it doesn’t make the fact that regrowth from shaving is more irritating than regrowth from hairs removed from the root.

Regrowth from shaving can be more irritating. Shaving regrowth can cause ingrown hairs and the mechanical action from the razor can nick the skin, which is seen or unseen. Has anyone ever shaved their legs and then gone wading into the ocean?

oh god yes; my pores lit up like a christmas tree.