Advice on which method?

Hello I’m new to this forum. I’m a 20 year old male who has recently been a little self conscious about excessive hair growth on my body. Ever since a young child I’ve had fine light colored hairs on my back and I never thought much of it until now. It isn’t thick hair but it is noticeable. I have hair on my upper arms, very light hairs on my shoulders and my back. If I were to get this removed which method would be best? I’ve heard both sides about laser treatment. It being successful and it promoting more and/or thicker hair growth. I’m not too sure about electrolysis, would the area be too big? Currently I’m doing a mixture of sugaring and shaving by myself. I had brought up my concern with my doctor just in case but she said she would leave it for now. Not exactly what I want to do. I’m underweight for my age so I thought this could be lanugo or something but I’m not quite sure. Any thoughts or advice?

Laser only works on dark hair, the coarser the better, and yes it could possibly make the problem worse. Electrolysis would be the option for your hair. The most important thing will be to find a good electrologist, it is wise to go for a number of consultations and interview prospective electrologists.

Good luck.

Please read our FAQs on laser. It doesn’t sound like any of your hair is currently good for laser. Laser only works on coarse, dense dark growth. Otherwise, you need electrolysis.

Also, keep in mind that you’re still developing hair and will be for another 5-8 years. So you’ll likely need touchups later.

I’m not an expert, but based on my experience as a male with very thick dark hair growth, I would say electrolysis would be the way to go for sure.
I actually had quite a lot of very fine, light ‘baby’ hairs underneath my eyes/above cheeks and the electro’ worked a treat on those.