Advice on Hinkel UC3+

Hi there!
I’m an electrologist from Canada with around 2 years experience and I use a Hinkel UC3+ machine that is in excellent condition.

I typically use flash thermolysis from the neck down and have fantastic results. I use blend from the neck up and am also very happy with the results I’m getting. Love this machine!

My question is, has anyone used this machine for thermolysis on the face? I’m somewhat over-cautious about any scabbing on the face. The tiny little scabs that sometimes occur with flash thermolysis on the body always heal perfectly, but I would really love to avoid any facial dots or scabbing on my clients faces.
That being said, most of my clients have dense and coarse facial hair and I think we would both love to speed things up! The blend method works great and heals very quickly and seamlessly, but it is quite slow for those larger projects. I have been selecting Blend for faces specifically to avoid scabbing, even those little tiny ones!

Im open to buying an apilus if that speedy flash (synchro?) Setting helps my clients achieve their goals faster while keeping their skin happy and smooth. But if there’s any pro tips for Hinkel machines I’d really love to learn from other professionals :relaxed::+1:
Thank you kindly!

Seems to me that you’re doing pretty well with your technique. I think your focus should not just be on “speed and scabs” but on continuing to achieve permanent results with a “one-and-done” treatment. If your results are fantastic … I’d stick with it and perhaps after more time and experimentation you can adjust your methods and see what works for you. Remember, there is no speed without permanence.

I also have to chime in that with all the horror going on in the world, I find the questions and answers here on Hairtell to be somewhat comforting! As I stress about the impending WWIII, nuclear mistakes, bloodshed in Ukraine, hyper-inflation, impending food shortages, etc., hearing the concerns (yes, even the upper lip stories) brings me back to a sense of “normalcy.”

Having a lovely client at the moment from the mid-west, and hours of treatment, allows me to “zen-out” and not think about the various disasters we are facing. I hope I’m not just “whistling in the dark.”

Thank you Mr. Bono, that is good advice and I appreciate it. I have heard vague descriptions of electrologists using a quicker blend method, but I’ll experiment with my leg or something on my own body first :joy: I have a feeling that the real benefits of the blend do just require those extra seconds in the follicle.
There’s always room for improvement with one-and-done :+1:

And yes I agree the world does disappear for a while when you’re looking through surgical microscope…very therapeutic :relaxed:

The face is more vascular than the body. As a rule, the type of scabbing seen on the body with flash thermolysis does not happen on the face.