Advice on buying loupes

1. I have an option of getting loupes with or without light on the headband. I would like to have it as light as possible, & just use my lamps on articulating arms. Does it significantly help to go with headband loupes, or is the weight saving preferable?

2. I have the option of 4, 5, 6x zoom. I have heard most preferring the 6x, am I right?

3: the field of view I have as options 340mm, 420mm, 500mm, 550mm. Which field of view should I choose?

The listing I have an interest is here:

Thank you

Hi, I have Orascoptic loupes which I’ve used for around 3 years and I’m very happy with them. My local rep came out to measure my pupil and working distance and to show me the difference between zoom settings. I opted for 4.5, although I’m considering an upgrade to 5 next year; now that I’m used to them I feel I’d benefit from a slightly higher spec.
My loupes and light are set into a glasses frame. They felt a little heavy at first but I think that was because the whole setup was new to me after years of using only mag lamps. They’re an investment buy, but I wouldn’t be without them now as they’ve made such a difference to my skillset.

Loupe power and working distance is very individual. Some can’t work with anything more than 3x magnification and others love working with 6x loupes. Working distance is not one size fits all because because height and arm length are a factor. Your best bet is to reach out to dental/surgical loupe dealers who will come to you and let you try different loupes. Even if you don’t commit to buying their pricey loupes, it will give you an idea of what to look for. Buying loupes online without trying them is going to be a frustrating experience.