advice needed!

I’m going on a hiking trip that will last 6 days, and I need some advice on what to do about the ever-wonderful LEG HAIR. I don’t want to do anything permanent, and pain really isn’t my thing at all (so I’m a little scared of waxing). Should I try to use that lotion stuff over a long period of time to minimize my leg hair and just continue to shave? Should I suck it up and go the painful route? Does it really work to use a topical anesthetic to reduce the pain of waxing? Help!

Thanks!

-April

If you want to be hair free, and stubble free for a week, you will have to go with a form of plucking, be it waxing, sugaring, threading etc…

Shaving will give you stubble in no time, and the lotions really only take the hard sharpe edges off the hair in the best cases. In the worst cases, they only lube them up to feel softer.

If you want smooth shiney legs, permanent removal is the way to go. After all, when will you find yourself saying, “I think I want the jungle girl look”?

Unless you have a fast electrologist, you can’t clear the legs before your trip, so you will have to decide if you want to be shaving with cold camp water, or take the rip of the waxer’s pull for the sake of your peace of mind untill you decide to do something more permanent.
By the way, I have been told that electrolysis on the legs is less painful than waxing. As a guy, I have never waxed, so I can’t say what the difference is. I have had students work on my legs however, and can vouch that even untrained people can do tolerable work on legs.

The problem with that for me is cost. If I won the lottery, the first thing I’d do is sign up for laser or electrolysis for my legs… but as it is, I’m in college. I have expenses to pay and very little income.

Waxing/sugaring does hurt, at first, but I think that over time, it starts hurting less. Or maybe you just learn to deal better; I dunno. Either way, I do think it’s a decent option, but it can be time consuming. I’ve had to let it lapse sometimes because I’ve been too busy over a weekend to take the time to do them when I ordinarily would. I do, however, still prefer it to shaving, but then… I nicked myself often and bled easily, so shaving was miserable to me. :smile:

Hi April,

I think waxing is the only way to go for what you want. Done correctly, it doesn’t hurt all that much.

Pepper

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by april:
<strong>I’m going on a hiking trip that will last 6 days, and I need some advice on what to do about the ever-wonderful LEG HAIR. I don’t want to do anything permanent, and pain really isn’t my thing at all (so I’m a little scared of waxing). Should I try to use that lotion stuff over a long period of time to minimize my leg hair and just continue to shave? Should I suck it up and go the painful route? Does it really work to use a topical anesthetic to reduce the pain of waxing? Help!

Thanks!

-April</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>