Aculight and Kalo hair inhibitor

Hi there, this is my first posting so I hope someone can help.

I have been haveing Aculight sessions for 18 months totalling in 8 altogether, I was told when I went for my consultation the hair would have dissapeared after 6 sessions but I would say after 8 about half the hair has gone. I have blonde hair and fair skin but the hair being treated is darker than my skin tone.

What do I do now, pay for more sessions or try something else? I have read some information about the Kalo Hair inhibitor which promises to slow down and stop the hair growth after root removal or your money back.

Has anyone tried any of the methods or have an opinion? In my heart of hearts I don’t think the Aculight will get rid of the hair altogether, what do you think?

Kind regards

AliciaMia

hi and welcome!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but lasers do not work well at all on blonde hair. Most reputable places won’t even treat someone with blonde hair.

Kalo is an unproven herbal concoction with absolutely no published data to back up their claims. The only topical preparation with proven results is the prescription drug Vaniqa. There are some early reports suggesting that soy milk applied topically may reduce hair, but the only data so far has been on mice.

If you read around the forums, you’ll see some other info about your options.

Thanks for your advice!

I certainly won’t waste any more money on laser treatment!

Alicia

Isn’t Aculight a IPL system? Or do I have it confused with Vasculight?

Lumenis claims that its IPL system works on lighter colored hairs. But it probably means less effectiveness at any rate.

RJC2001

KALO IS A SCAM BY THE WAY. I TRIED IT… I WANT MY MONEY BACK… AND MY TIME BACK TOO… PLEASE.

I GUESS IN SOME YEARS WE’LL COME TO THE “TIME BACK” GUARANTEES, THEN I CAN TRY EVERYTHING!

BEST REGARDS AND WHOEVER WANTS TO WASTE SOME TIME, SEND IT TO ME. YOU CAN USE FIRST CLASS MAIL OR A WIRE TRANSFER. CHECKS AND TIME ORDERS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.

=|;O)

[ February 11, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Teen ]

They at least claim you can get your money back–so look into that. Time, of course, nobody can help you with. :smile: