Acne and zinc

I’ve read many articles on zinc helping people with acne improve their skin, I like to try this, since its a natural approach the only question i have is how much should I take daily, and which brand do u guys recommend? and anything else i should know. thanks

First of all, if one is looking to naturally cure acne, the first thing one should do BEFORE anything like this zinc thing is just getting one’s regularity on track. That means, getting one’s water intake up to one ounce per pound, per day, (not that’s NOT a lot of water, its only 25 ounces once every 4 hours if you weigh 100 pounds) getting the electrolytes balanced, (does anyone get the proper amount of fruits and veggies anymore?) and fiber intake up to 25 grams per day. (One meal a day of unprocessed bulk oat bran and fruit (blueberries from the freezer section maybe) a day should take care of that)

Once the body is no longer dehydrated, electrolytes are on track, and the elimination system is completely on track with regularity from both ends, most people have no acne left, since most acne is just the body eliminating via the skin instead of the proper channels. It also helps if you limit, or eliminate as much junk from your diet. Corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors and such are not good for the body either.

Should these measures fail, one can try to add zinc, but keep in mind that zinc must be balanced with copper for one, as more zinc than copper leads to premature grey hair (as does smoking). I would not just ad zinc, but rather a well balanced multi-vitamin that includes the daily requirement of zinc in it.

None of my kids had acne until they went to college and were out of my “Evil Clutches” and could eat and drink what ever garbage they wanted. I get smarter and smarter the older they get.

can I crush these pills,they are freaking big, are they effective this way?

They will be effective, although you may not like the flavor.

Large pills are usually a sign that the company used lots of fillers making the pills. You would do best to find the smallest pills with the same strength.

thanks.

another question that has cross my mind is that, does hair make acne worse? for example i’ve notcied i break out more often on my cheeks, and side burns since i have more hair on these areas…