A tip for more successful leg hair removal...

For those of you who haven’t had the best of luck using various depilatories (creams, foams, lotions, etc.) to remove hair on the legs, I have a suggestion that may help them work more effectively. Before applying the depilatory, bathe (or shower), wetting the skin thoroughly. I find soaking for a minimum of 10 minutes most efficient. After the skin is saturated, softening the hair, use a loofah or rough wash cloth to remove dead/dry skin on the legs. Dull skin often acts as a “shield”, protecting the hair underneath. Removing the layer of skin allows the hair removal product to work better. After your bath or shower (I bathe because I’m in a wheelchair and can’t stand), wait at least ten minutes (the skin should be completely dry) before applying the depilatory of your choice, following the directions on the label. Before rinsing off the product, use a dry, soft wash cloth to remove the hair that might not be removed by a stream of water during the rinsing process. When you’re finished, apply a good moisturizing lotion.

I hope this helps some of you who don’t have the best of luck using these products.