A new permanent reduction method maybe?

I am a male person with not really big hair problem but there are some spots on my body I like to reduce hair and not remove fully. I made a little research lately about hair removal for the first time trying to find about hair reduction. I came up with a lot of info about laser treatments, galvanic electrolysis and many more. Recently, accidentally I heard that people swimming for long periods in chlorinated pools (chlorinating agents contain sodium hypochlorite solution and maybe HCL hydrochloric acid or muriatic acid) have a permanent hair reduction to their body hair including the head hair. This happens because some chlorine Cl or Hypoclorite xClO enters the hair follicle destroying some part of it. I just had this question: Could it be possible to use a common hair removal method like waxing or mechanical epilation to remove hair from the root, leaving hair follicle open for an acid to destroy the follicle? For example after a good waxing, treating the skin with H2O2 3%, (hydrogen peroxide is not an acid) some of it enters the hair free follicles and in contact with blood releases oxygen destroying the hair follicle. This could also be done with mild acidic solutions. I already have tried to add hydrogen peroxide after mechanical epilating and I am waiting for results. Any suggestions?

excuse me for any errors

Let us know how you get on with your trial…

I would be more concerned that the amount of chlorine or other substance would possible have worse effects as free radicals in your body before you saw any significant hair reduction… but I have thought of similar things in the past… some sort of paste or cream that could be applied to the skin and is attracted to the hair follicles to chemically cauterise the follicle…

Cheers,

David

You are probably right for clorine but what about H202? The only buyproduct of hydrogen peroxide is water.
The oxygen released reacts with blood in “fresh hair removed” folicles and upper skin, so it is neutralised. There shouldn’t be any free radicals to enter the body. The oxygen is very reactive so it is not possible to stay pure to do any harm.
Am i right or i miss something? Please anyone with expirience help.

I must add that this method is not described anywhere and it is not recommended yet. The fact that hydrogen peroxide does not leave any byproducts except water makes it very promising. I am currently on a test on my hair but don’t imagine something big, just a small epilated area (with “mechanical epilating” because wax can close the follicles even after waxing, not allowing the bleaching agent getting in) on my leg. What should be mentioned is a jingling light pain sensation in hair removed follicles after the addition of H2O2 meaning probably the cauterization of the inside area.

Why hydrogen peroxide 3% does not discolor or burn the upper skin and it acts only in follicles? The answer is simple H2O2 is very unstable and decomposes to O2 double bonded oxygen and H2O water, in contact with elements such reducing agents and oxidizers or oxides. Oxidizers are chemical structures containing releasable oxygen. Blood contains a large amount of oxygen so in contact with H2O2 acts as a catalyst breaking down the structure of H2O2 to water and oxygen, something like
2H2O2 = 2H2O + O2. When hair is in the follicle there is no damage yet so no blood also. But after epilating the follicle is “wounded” from the violent removal and contains a slight amount of blood from the broken blood vessels feeding the hair root.
In a few words H2O2 prefers to release more oxygen when in contact with blood and not with dry skin. For that reason also is very important not to remove the “protective layer of dead cells on top of skin which is likely when waxing. Mechanical epilating is more preferable in this case.

The reasoning you employ to explain your theories is FALSE SCIENCE. Many people swim in pools for years (competitive swimmers are NOT bald). They open their eyes under water, get chlorinated water in the mouth, nose, and other orifices on the body.

Follicles excrete sebum which surrounds the hair and prevents anything from getting in or we would all have infections of the follicle at all times. Lye is used to dissolve hair because hair is “acid fast” and that is why an alkaline substance is used.

In addition… Peroxide is often POURED over open wounds because it is harmless to tissue. On the other hand… electrolysis COAGULATES THE PROTEIN and that is why the process is also called THERMOLYSIS. Even Dr. Rox Anderson referred to laser as PHOTOTHERMOLYSIS. I use ELECTROTHERMOLYSIS. The “ELECTRO” SCARES MANY WOMEN so it is contracted to plain THERMOLYSIS.

So you believe that it is not possible to do any follicle damage with hydrogen peroxide if not with chlorine?

What do you mean Lye dissolves the hair? Is there any hair removal method using Lye as main material?(i don’t mean electrolysis)

Also i didn’t talk for baldness. I just mentioned hair “REDUCTION”. Many swimers have thin and weak hair. Try to notice more precicely next time you see someone that swims for years in pools.

sorry for any errors.

[ February 18, 2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Scientist ]