A new LightSheer machine?

At this site I found on the internet they write about a LightSheer diode laser system with a pulse width up to 400ms and fluence up to 100J!
http://www.essentiallybare.com/hairremoval.htm

Is this a new machine? Because I have only heard about LightSheer going up to 100ms in pulse width.

no, LightSheer CAN go that high. Most practitioners won’t do it though due to risks of burning.

At this site I found on the internet they write about a LightSheer diode laser system with a pulse width up to 400ms and fluence up to 100J!
http://www.essentiallybare.com/hairremoval.htm

Is this a new machine? Because I have only heard about LightSheer going up to 100ms in pulse width.

I read somewhere (can’t recall the link) where it was mentioned that a software upgrade was available for the Lightsheer that would make 400 millisecond (ms) pulse widths possible.

Two of the three current Lightsheer lasers do offer a maximum fluence of 100J. On the XC model, you can get a 12mm X 12mm spot with higher fluences than many competing lasers. This allows for faster treatment time at clinically effective fluences.

Check out the following clinical paper:
The relationshiop of spot size, fluence, and coverage rate.

Users of the Gentlelase Plus tout the large 18mm spot size, but when that spot size is used, the maximum fluence available is only 20J! IMHO that is way too low for effective hair removal (or reduction, whatever you want to call it).

This should answer your questions about the 400ms pulse width:

Benefits of super long pulse width.

For skin types IV and V, the maximum tolerated dose of energy (fluence)is three times higher for a 400ms pulse width compared to a 100ms pulse width.

And some information on treating dark and tanned skin with diode lasers:

Hair removal on tanned and dark skin with diode lasers.

Here are the specs for the current Lightsheer devices:

Lightsheer specs.

I don’t know when they upped the fluence to 100J. It probably happened sometime after 2003. The Lightsheer XC I was treated with in 2003 had a 60J maximum and 100ms pulse width. The availability of a 400ms pulse width most likely made the use of 100J safe for some patients.

RJC2001