A guys experience with waxing :)

Hey everyone,

Just thought I’d post this in case it helps anyone. I’m a male and although fairly smooth I’ve always had hairy legs. Not crazy hairy or more than anyone else but average I’d say. I always like the look of smooth legs though or at least legs with less hair, but it doesn’t bother me enough to do laser removal like I did on my tummy.

About a month ago I decided to try waxing my legs at home, so I went and bought cold wax and like it said, heated it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so just to make it a bit easier to work with. As you can imagine it hurt like nothing else and I swore I’d probably never do it again even though I loved the end result.

Anyway, the reason I’m posting this is because that was a month ago, and now I have maybe 30% of the hair back if that, it’s still everywhere, not patchy but definitely not as much and still looks natural. I used the same wax today and tried to do it again and wow it barely hurts at all now. I mean it’s not a wonderful feeling but if the first time hurt 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, this time was maybe a 3 or 4 and is completely bearable. The best part too is you can use the same strip 4 or 5 times so you really only have to apply wax to your leg maybe 3 or 4 times in total. Really happy with this and just thought I’d post in case anyone is scared of trying to wax, since the first time is brutal but after is easier. It’s also a great option for men I find who want thinner leg hair, as unlike with women, you can let it grow back as long as you want, and it still looks natural.

I am a male with hairy legs and would like to reduce the amount of hair, not eliminate. i had laser done on my chest and abs and the results are great. anyone have any ideas on how i can reduce the hair on my legs?

I think the only real option is laser to be honest, just not as many sessions. Anything else will be just temporary, but like I said I’m really happy with the waxing. Of course it makes them totally smooth but then it starts to grow back and isn’t as thick. I think your best option though is to just go for maybe 2 or 3 laser sessions but makes sure you go somewhere good, that realizes you want to thin it and not be smooth, so that they don’t miss any areas. I will probably do that eventually but I want to finish doing my abs first.