a good electrologist in philadelphia/lehigh valley

i was wondering if anyone can refer me to an good electrologist in either philadelhia or lehigh valley area? My home town is close to the Lehigh valley area but i am studying in Philadelphia. recently i had couple of consultations and two half hour sessions with two different electrologist but i am not satisfied with their work.

Has anyone ever tried International House of Electrolysis? I would prefer an electrologist in the Lehigh Valley area because most likely it will be cheaper in my home town area.

OH i am a male and i am having a hard time to find someone with great skills to work on me.
Thanks

Until or if you get some responses, maybe you can consider a Lucy Peters electrologist. Please view:

http://www.lucypeters.com/contact-lucy-peters.html

Trudy’s Electrolysis For All in Media Pa removed some of my pubes and did a good job at it

I have heard good things about the electrolysis at the Papillon Center in New Hope (though I haven’t seen their work myself.) Needless to say, they have lots of experience with male hair. (Their clientele is mostly TS but I am sure they would be happy to work on a cisgender male.)

http://www.drchristinemcginn.com/services/electrolysis.php

I hope it’s all right to bump this thread - I’m looking for electrolysis in the Philadelphia area too. (I’m a 33 year old woman with PCOS.)

Has anyone had good experiences with Michele at Malvern Electrolysis? She uses the multi-probe galvanic device, and I’m worried that it will take many more hours than it might if I went to someone who uses different equipment. I’m only looking to clear my chin and a few strays on my neck.

You can certainly check out Michele and see what multi-probe galvanic is like. It is a highly effective method. I will private message you another name as well if you are shopping around to compare.

At least you have a diagnosis. You have to understand that your medical problem can not be CURED. It CAN be brought under control so that you will not continue to see it expand as fast. This disorder continues to grow hair in more places, makes fine hair get coarser. We only remove it as you keep growing more. If you keep up with treatments you may go less often and for shorter periods of time until ovaries stop making male hormone. It is the hormone that makes hair grow and there are more follicles than you realize and all of them are not manufacturing hair all the time.

It’s the old story. It ain’t what you got it is how you use it PLUS the skill of the operator. I would have one operator work on my right and another work on my left then compare them. You have to be satisfied and we are all different.
Find someone you like and continue.

I just wanted to update - I had my first appointment at Malvern Electrolysis last week. This is my very first crack at electrolysis (never had laser or any professional waxing, etc.) so I was very, very nervous going in, but I was pleased with the experience overall. Michele did a 45-minute consultation, followed by a 1 hour session, during which she removed 104 hairs with the multi-probe device.

I felt like I was in very good hands - every time she needed to touch my face for any reason (other than inserting the probes after the session was underway) she told me before she did it, so I was never surprised. The treatment itself was a little painful, but nothing I couldn’t live with. There was a little soreness in the treatment area afterward, but hardly any redness and no scabbing at all. Since things went well, I’ll be going to Michele again in about a week for a second session, and we’ll see how things progress from there (hopefully well!).

Hi everyone,

I’m afraid its another one of those posts. I’m a guy looking for an electrolysist to work on my upper arms, shoulders and back. I had two laser sessions and I’m pretty confident its inducing hair growth :frowning: . I’m in the philly area. Recommendations would be really helpful.

Thanks!

*Also I saw that many people are recommending Kathleen Haas, but as i dont have access to a car its not possible for me to travel outside of Philadelphia.

I feel that women going through PCOS need a support group of sorts!

If you are looking for a great Electrologist, I would suggest Kay Ann McNamara. She is a little expensive though.

I currently go to Mindy in Philly- she is great in some ways- but I do get a lot of scabs (but my skin is darker, so perhaps I am more prone to it). She is much less expensive.