I started electrolysis in mid-march of this year, and have since been going in roughly once every two weeks. I’ve noticed a slight difference only, but I’m committed to this for the long haul. My questions…
- My facial hair was caused by synthetic hormones in BC (I wasn’t born with it and have only been dealing with it for about a year), and I’ve read that natural bio-identical progesterone can help diminish or completely halt hormone based hair growth. Is there truth to this? I’ve also heard that once dormant hair grows, it’s pretty much here to stay…which is it?
- My hair is fairly fine (the problem is that I have fair skin and black hair). Will this lessen the overall time it takes for me to complete electrolysis?
- Speaking of completing electrolysis, how long does it generally take? I know it varies from person to person, but I’m looking for an average to expect.
- Electrolysis so far has been CRAZY painful for me. I’m not sure why. I drink enough water, almost never drink coffee or alcohol in general (let alone before a procedure), and take good care of my skin. I used LMX before my last treatment and saw about a 50% improvement, but I’d like something stronger. Any advice for people who are super sensitive like me?
- How often and how long is generally ideal for electrolysis (example: 1 hour weekly)? My electrologist hasn’t given me a precise time frame, saying it’s up to me.
That just about covers it, for now. Thanks for any and all advice!