a few doubts........

First i just want to say, great site andrea, like seriously, i’m so glad that I stumbled upon it.

But anyways, I’m a 20 year old male. I plan on getting hair removed from my shoulders, upper arms and back. I have two consultations set up. One with a small private practitioner, and the other with the cleveland clinic plastic surgery dept. They both use the Lightsheer cooltouch diode laser, but I’m expecting the cleveland clinic (a very reputable hospital) to charge waaaay more. oh, and I’m light skinned, dark hair.

Now my question is, Am i too young to be doing this? Will it just be a waste, because I’m so young and the hair will start growing elsewhere as i get older? I only have hair on the top of my back, but I have a feeling that its going to grow more down the older i get. Should i put this off?

And one more thing. How long do I wait after the test patch to get the procedure done? What should I be looking for with the test patch?

oh, one more thing. has anyone heard of a doctor successfully “thining” someones hair? Like I wouldn’t mind getting my arms done too, but I don’t want them to be hairless, just less hairy. Has someone ever had that done? Can it be done so it still looks natural?

I just had my first laser treatment on my face, and inquired after getting my arms done. She asked if I wanted to be cleared or have a reduced number on the arms. I would guess like anything in this area that you will have to rely on the “artistic” ability of the operator if you want a reduced clear.

Thanks, BrudnerX, and sorry for the slow response!

Your age is a good one, actually. Get a test patch and then wait a month or so to see how your skin responds. Avoid sun during that time.

It’s possible to get thinning, but it takes some skill to thin things out evenly.