A couple of my shaving problems, some help?

I am new here, I have been browsing around here quite frequently lately.

I am a 20 year old male, and I am having A LOT of trouble shaving my neck.

I’ve always had this problem, but I am pretty sick of it. I can never seem to get a smooth shave in my neck area. My face is always smooth (I have a problem with redness under my nose, but other than that I am happy), but the neck is a problem.

I use the nivea for men preshave and I rub that into my skin, and then rinse it out. Then I use a sensative shave gel, I always use sensative for some reason, and lather up my face (after it is wet). I use the Gilette Fusion Power (just got it today, noticibly more smooth than the Gillete Fusion).

I use downstrokes from left to right, and then upstrokes from left to right. I do this on both my face and my neck, however when I shave my neck there is some pain associated with it. It isn’t a lot of pain it’s enough to have put up with for the past 5-6 years but now I am pretty sick of it.

My other problem is shaving under my nose, the mustache area. I can never get that area of my face smooth in the slight bit.

for reference the mother’s side of my family has HORRIBLE skin, which I seem to have gotten. My grandfather’s acne was so bad that his face still has many scares, and he is now 75. My mother has a history of exema (sp?). I still have acne (and have since I was 14. . .6 years). My diet is pretty good, I am a vegetarian, and I exercise many times a day, I don’t know if these are factors in how your skin reacts.

thanks,

-Matt

I use to have a similar pblm until i started using a percription facial cleansing wash (not sure of the name) and a cream afterwards (Benziclin). since i started doing this my skin has been clear and comfortable. prior to this my blemishes were always painful

i also use benziclin, and have been for about 4 years.

do you apply it after shaving? I usually wait 45 minutes or so before I apply it, i never do it directly after shaving

I apply it just before i go to bed after washing my face, this worked best for me. I use to apply it in the morning as well but it burned.