8 sessions on bikini line

Greetings! I have been seeing my electrologist every 12-14 days and have had 8 fifteen minute sessions on bikini line. Just on the leg area - not treating any hairs in thigh area or inside “bathing suit bottom area”. I was a habitual plucker in that area for years. I don’t have a lot of hair in that area, but enough to be annoying. I guess I just wanted some professional feedback. I am taking photos after every appointment and then a few days after. I am not seeing much of any progress. The same treated hairs keep growing back (ingrown usually). The treatments are very painful and I do feel pulling/yanking when she tweezes after treating a hair. Sometimes it looks like the hairs have broken off because I’ll see a little black dot the next day (after redness and swelling subside). She has excellent reviews - I’m just not sure what I should be expecting. I know it can take a year or more, but I feel like I should be seeing way less new growth. I have read and seen pictures on this forum and I’m slightly discouraged! TIA.

When did you tweeze last? Are you getting fully cleared each time you go? Fifteen minutes doesn’t sound like enough time to clear, but maybe it is for you.

Hi! I last tweezed probably 1 month prior to my first appt. My first appt was September 24 2018 and I just went last night for my 8th appt. And yes she clears both sides in 15 minutes… I maybe have 25 hairs on one side and 15 on the other. I’ll have to see if I can upload a picture. Thanks for the reply!

So, any area takes 12-18 months to permanently clear of all hair. Some cases can take as much as 24 months. You started in August of 2018. You tweezed in the past, so you really don’t know how many hair follicles you have in those areas. It may feel like only 25 or 15 hairs, but it could be a hundred in reality. The hair growth cycles (resting, shedding and growing hair ) perplex the consumer and leads to false conclusions. You are finished when you get through 9?,12?, 14?, 16?, 18?, 24? months of regularly spaced FULL clearances. The hair must slide out after being treated. No resistance should be felt. None!

Did you electrologist give you this information in a consult before you started?

2 Likes

Try finding a galvanic multi probe operator - it may be a better choice for you
At least you will be able to compare results and see what works best for you, then just continue with what you were most comfortable with
That would be my choice

1 Like

Do you know if your electrologist is using galvanic, rf or a blend of them? And how thick and coarse are the hairs? I know people are asking you a lot of differing questions here. There are a lot of factors. The “black dot” -does it look like a hair or a tiny tattoo, and does it go away after a day or is it staying? I do agree with what was said earlier: it does take time, but you may not need to be coming in quite as often as well.

1 Like

In my opinion, this is a skill (or lack thereof) issue unrelated to modality. All three modalities of electrology are capable of killing a hair on the first attempt. Not all electrologists know how to achieve this goal.

2 Likes

I agree. All modalities affect the hair permanently. Whatever modality the practitioner uses, make sure there is no tuuging after the hair is treated.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the replies. I am going to see a new practitioner in a few days. She said I will get scabbing… and I have never had scabbing before which makes me a little nervous because I leave for Mexico a week after the appointment. Should I cancel the appt or should i be ok scabbing wise? I dont want a bikini line full of scabs :frowning:

If she says she will cause scabbing, it’s likely she will. Its likely her techniques produces scabs, and they are more common on body work.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I better cancel and make it for after my mexico trip!

I respectfully disagree that modality doesn’t matter. If there is thick, curly hair, blend will have better efficacy. Given that it’s bikini, it is plausible that it’s deeper, curly hair with curved follicles.

You can disagree if you like, but that does not change the truth that all three modalities are capable of killing a hair IN A SINGLE APPLICATION. Not all electrologists are capable of achieving this feat. The facts and the sequential photography on multiple cases to back-up this conclusion is contained in this forum.

1 Like

I went to see a different electrologist. Night and day difference. No tugging or pulling at all. The hairs all came out smooth. She did have to zap s few more than once and those did hurt. I did experience scabbing and actually it’s been 6 days and the scabs are still there. Again, thank you all for your replies.