5 Laser treatments at Nuvo and annoying results

hello everyone, i have gone to nuvo to get laser treatment on my abs and my upper back/shoulders and they told me that after 5 treatments i would either be done or see huge results
well it has been 5 treatments and i guess u can kinda tell a difference between the thickness of the hair on my abs and chest, but not nearly what i expects. after shelling out nearly $1000 to get this done, i am extremely dissapointed. my back seems as if the shaving of it has actually increased hair growth rather than allowing the laser to kill it all. i am so frustrated. i think i am going to turn to Waxing to see the immediet results! does anyone have any encouraging words to keep me with the laser treatments?
by the way im white with darker hairs (perfect for laser)
Tom

If you have read around this forum you have seen many people repeat your story. No one can say what your personal LASER results will be up front with any certainty. You pay your money and take your chances.

Had you spent 1,000 on electrolysis with a good practitioner who had a modicum of speed you would be either 2 hours from full bare back first clearance, or fully in the maintenance phase of your treatment, and would be able to maintain the look of being finished from here on out.

For those people LASER works for, congratulations. For the rest who end up like you, it angers electrologists that we get the angry people who come to us drained of resources, leery of our chances of success, and some even have the idea that since their LASER experience left them purged of cash, that we, the electrologists should cut them a break on their treatment, as if we have any profit sharing with the people who took their money and left them lacking what they seek.

Good Luck in your quest.

hello everyone, i have gone to nuvo to get laser treatment on my abs and my upper back/shoulders and they told me that after 5 treatments i would either be done or see huge results
well it has been 5 treatments and i guess u can kinda tell a difference between the thickness of the hair on my abs and chest, but not nearly what i expects. after shelling out nearly $1000 to get this done, i am extremely dissapointed. my back seems as if the shaving of it has actually increased hair growth rather than allowing the laser to kill it all. i am so frustrated. i think i am going to turn to Waxing to see the immediet results! does anyone have any encouraging words to keep me with the laser treatments?
by the way im white with darker hairs (perfect for laser)
Tom

What laser was used? Did you feel anything during the treatments? From what you describe I would say you were probably undertreated.

RJC2001

This mall chain has horrible reviews on all hair removal forums. They usually don’t use a real laser and their techs are not sufficiently trained. you have the best skin and hair combination to get good results, and although laser doesn’t work on everyone, it seems that you just got screwed by a company with bad reputation. Since some of the hair did fall out, it means that it IS possible for you to achieve much better results with laser that you did. You should have been using an Alexandrite laser like GentleLASE or a Diode laser like LightSheer – and I’m sure that’s not what they were using on you.

I stopped by this clinic once in Los Angeles and asked a few questions – at first they tried to “hard-sell” me, but as soon as they saw that I knew that I was talking about, they completely lost interest and were actually rude. in addition, they weren’t using a real laser (they had a bad IPL machine). My conclusion - they are looking for uninformed consumers who would pay anything for a promised result.

Here are some postings about this chain on another forum just to give you an idea:

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php/t-2094/highlight-nuvo.html

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php/t-1250/highlight-nuvo.html

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php/t-699/highlight-nuvo.html

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php/t-678/highlight-nuvo.html