4-Hour Long Electrolysis Session: My DIY Aftercare

Turmeric does nothing for your skin or hair and electrolysis simply does not work. Close thread.

I see…i think… Atleast, thank you for the explanation @Michael!

@iLikeDIY, then why list an electrolysis machine in your signature? I had many electrolysis and laser hair removal sessions done and electrolysis, after some time, was the most successful professional hair removal procedure I had done.

Did you have a bad experience with electrolysis or something?

And sorry, until the moderator says so, my thread likely ain’t going anywhere.

Okay … I read thru a bit. All about the spice “Turmeric?” (I never know how to pronounce that word. If they deleted the first “R” that would make it easier. Should be: “Tumeric.”)

I know nothing about this subject, but perhaps a conjecture:

Maybe the mask you are making dissolves the “cuticle” of the hair? If this were the case, the hair would appear, as you state, thinner and lighter. The very tiny hairs could be dissolved entirely (at skin level), thus making it appear you now have “fewer hairs.” If the concoction also “lightens” the skin, this is further evidence that the mask is removing the top layers of your skin.

(It’s pretty easy to dissolve the hair’s cuticle. If you’ve ever had a “permanent wave” that’s essentially what the first solution is doing, and why you can’t do a “permanent” two-times immediately; the hairs fall apart.)

None of your mask stuff would be dangerous, and could be a likely explanation. Of course, I don’t believe the mask is making any difference in the hair follicle itself. For that to happen your mixture would have to dissolve the entire skin; and that’s probably not what you’re doing.

The ignorant statement by iLikeDIY is not worthy of comment. After reading Hairtell for 3-years this person says “electrolysis simply does not work?” Come over here so I can smack you in your “kisser.”

>>> And, I’m enjoying this thread. You NEVER know when you might learn something. I don’t think there’s a single day that passes where I don’t “change my mind” about something <<<

When I said ‘Zero tolerante whit scamers’ My comment was not directed to you. As I said earlier, I do not think this mask can harm anyone, if we excepted those naive who may feel dissapointed with the results.

I was reporting to Michael about my activities outside Hairtell.

BTW, I think ilikeDIY just was joking

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Being of Indian Subcontinent origin, I’m pretty familiar with herbal ‘remedies’ from this part of the world. People take turmeric in milk for it’s supposed anti-inflammatory benefit and it’s something that persists. I don’t know anyone that still uses it for hair though… South Asians prefer to have no hair and rather wax or thread for temporary measures.

Jossie, I’m so proud of you I could explode! Oh boy how I love this “new you.”

Yeah, I think “IlikeDIY” just “got me” ha ha ha … Awesome, because I needed it. Well done.

It got a bit “heavy” here for a bit … so, I think all of us are trying to be a lot “lighter” and have more fun here. I know I am.

Thanks to all who participated in this thread! I’m not aware of any clinical data saying topical turmeric has any effect on hair growth, but it does have anti-inflammatory effects for some people.

And thanks to all who did not reply in an inflammatory manner!