23 Year Old Guy - Hair gets me down

Ok, so I’m a 23 year old guy and waaaay too hairy for my liking. I have a very hairy chest, stomach, butt and some hair on the back of my neck, shoulders, upper arms and back. I am so depressed at the moment because of it. Finding this forum is great because Im not alone in hating my hairyness but at the same time its made me realise that this is pretty much my life…hairy forever!
I’ve just started with electrolysis on my neck, upper arms, back and shoulders. To be honest I’d be happy with just a reduction so I’m hopeful about these areas. I also am getting my chest, stomach and butt waxed every month at the moment. With regards the chest and stomach I guess I would prefer not to have any hair there but it’s more normal so I dont mind the waxing or the regrowth too much. No one really sees my butt, so although I hate the hairyness there, its not a big issue for now. Depending on how the electrolysis goes I might try getting that area done as well.
I’m just sick of it all. For the last 4 years (since Ive become hairy) its dictated so many areas of my life. Ive never had a relationship in that time, I’ve never gone on holidays with friends as I find wearing shorts/tshirts too embarrassing, and Ive given up swimming in the sea, my favorite thing in the world, to name but afew things. Why is that I have the bad luck to be hairy in the 1st place and then to be so bothered by it? I feel like I’m wasting my youth worrying about something insignificant. I’m not self obessesed, I know that if this is the worst problem that I have in my life then I should be thanking God everyday…but I’m not. I get home from work and feel like crying. I know its dumb but I cant help it!! Its just hair! I know plenty people who are hairy and arent bothered by it in the slightest, why can’t I be like them??

Oh and what do nonhairy people spend their money on by the way?? This is burning a crazy hole in my pocket!I really really want to go back to university for further studies but the main reason that i havent is because of the hairyness. If Im in college I wont be able to afford waxing, electrolysis etc Im sick of this dictating my life!

Oh, I also have little hair on my nose and cheeks, they are not that noticable but they are still there. And I have to pluck inbetween my eyebrows or I would have a serious unibrow.
I even know that Im lucky in that there are probably people reading this who are much worse off than me and who would be thrilled to have my level of hairiness. It doesnt make it any easier for me when I look in the mirror though.
Well I feel a bit better having shared all this at least:) It just seems that most people on the forum are going for laser, then electrolysis then more laser…ie that it never stops! Is it that most are looking for complete lack of hair??Hopefully the fact that I’m looking for a reduction and would genuinly be thrilled with that will help me reach my goals…

What is a pianokiller?

Can you tell us about your electrolysis experience so far? I hope you found a good pratitioner.

Go for the areas that bother you the most, but think about laser hair reduction for areas like the chest if you are a good candidate and have skilled laser specalists in your area with good brand lasers. You may be better off getting a combination of electrolysis and laser to speed this along. Between the eyebrows, top of the nose and cheeks would be great for electrolysis. Back, shoulders and upper arms can be handled well if the electrologist is using microflash or picoflash thermolysis with automatic timing. Slower methods (blend, galvanic, manual thermolysis) will hurt more and drive you crazy as far as time to completion and expense. They will work, but there is a faster way to do this, and human beings always are wanting to take the fastest road to somewhere, right?

Now, allow me to report that as a young man of 23, you have not fully witnessed all the hair you are going to develop by the time you reach 35 or 40 years old. That doesn’t mean that you should give up and not treat bothersome hairs today. If you disable hair follicles today, a least that leaves less hair to deal with in the future. Just be aware that Mother Nature is not through with you yet.

I don’t know where all this went haywire, but men a half century ago who had hair on their bodies were the envied ones, especially if they had a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. Things have definitely changed and many men are depressed by too much body and facial hair today. If the road to permanenet hair removal/reduction is too long and expensive, then you can work very hard to learn to accept how you were made and just live your life in peace. You have to be very tough minded, goal-oriented and very, very patient to reach the point where it all comes together with electrolysis or laser where you don’t feel ashamed or hermitlike in your existence. You have to have money as well and that is the hard part for a young man or woman who is need of an education or job training and needs to spend money for education at that time in their life.

Reduction or total removal with electrolysis is certainly attainable for you and I will also include laser (reduction only) as long as you have dark hair. Part two of deciding to do something about too much hair, is doing a thorough search on both methods and then finding the best human talent to bring you that success. That’s the hardest part to get right.

Dee

I know it’s easy to get caught up in unwanted hair, but don’t let it ruin your life! The current fad is for males to be hairless and shaved, almost like children, but it wasn’t always that way and there are many women and men who prefer a male partner who’s more on the hairy and masculine side. Heck, I have guy friends who wish they were MORE hairy. I’m not saying it might not be an issue for you, but don’t let it keep you from having relationships or going to college.

You can find inner happiness. The hair is terrible problem but I very confident you find help here from people who really care. They give good advice and understand you have pain inside you. In time you will achieve your dreams. Never lose hope in your dreams.

I can completely relate. And, as for men and hair, I think some looks okay. In the "normal"areas. But back hair, and so much that you cant wear a vneck or anything without looking like you are smuggling some poor animal…well, that just sucks. Best of luck

I just want to point out that in my younger days, the hairy guy was the model of male perfection being peddled by Madison Avenue. I grew up feeling inadequate because opening my shirt 3 buttons only revealed more skin, and my gold necklace never got tangled in, or ripped out my chest hairs. I suppose that they could have sold rogain for chests back then if it had existed. :grin:

I know it doesn’t help you much, but fashion is really arbitrary, and also temporary. The hot in thing today, is the laughingstock of tomorrow. Believe it or not, there was a time when everyone wore, what was then called, Normal underwear, and maybe something called, “French Cut” for a little spice. No self respecting woman would be caught dead in those “T-Backs” now known as Thongs.

Today, even your grandmother and your baby sister are wearing thongs, and no one wants full coverage underwear, now affectionately called, “Granny Panties”… Did I mention that grandmothers don’t even wear them anymore?

Dude,

Just wanted to tell you this…Allthough I am not that hairy…I have really hairy legs I also have hair on the butt…
I am mixed race so I have dark hair…
Always saw my father (with exactly the same body) walking happily naked through the living room (not like an exhibitionist or anything…but after a shower for example) which, I think, made me happy with my body on that part…

I had hair on my butt since puberty and ALL the women I have spent the night with or a relationship have seen my ass…Girls from 16 years old to 36 years old…
NOT ONCE…N O T O N C E …was the hairy butt a problem…As a matter of fact they many times complimented me because of my nice body…
Just like we know a woman has breasts, broader thighs and anything that makes her woman, so does a woman know that a man has hair on his body a lot more than she does…YES also on the butt.
Dude believe me it is normal…I did kickboxing most of my life and believe me … RARELY do I see a guy with a smooth hairless butt…Like EVERY dude almost has some hair on the butt, especially in between the buttocks.
As a matter of fact for me it is the other way around, I find it VERY strange and unusual to see a guy with a completely smooth ass. It looks like a baby bottom (yes I saw it once on a Chinese guy)…
So seriously man, don’t worry…A woman doesn’t care.
I even joke about it with girls…for example I ask them “give a kiss on my furry ass, will ya?” She will smile and give you a kiss…Haha…Seriously man, relax!

I would treat the areas that are visible first so you can at least go to the beach and so on, worry about your butt later! I’d really recommend doing laser though for those large areas, it will get rid of so much hair that you might not even need more treatments. The nice thing with laser too is that after a few treatments it gets rid of all the really dark coarse hair, so even if you then stop and wax, the hair is much finer and isn’t that coarse hair that hurts to remove or is really visible. I’d focus on the back/shoulders first since that’s probably more standoutish to people. A hairy chest is completely normal, even if a lot of guys prefer having it smooth. Just make sure to find a clinic that does a session approach versus a package deal, that way you can go every couple months and only pay when you do. The best part about laser is it does work so you don’t have to worry about wasting money (providing your provider is good and you are a good candidate).

Im 23 as well and its hair galore ! It is quite depressing to see all the hairless guys with the perfect tans and 3 pack abs with NO HAIR … I live in FL and I never use the beach … and I feel really uncomfortable going in the pool or hot tub in my community for fear of someone noticing ! idk wtf 2 do I’ve tried SO much and its miserable !

Here are some facts to consider if you want to do something permanent.

Permanent hair removal takes time, money, determination and patience.

Do not start LASER or electrolysis treatments unless you are willing to put a great deal of effort forth.

There are many variables involved with both methods. We can only guesstimate how long it will take to finish and how much it might cost. Everyone has their own hair “thumbprint”.

Everyone responds differently to both laser and electrolysis treatments. Electrolysis is permanent hair REMOVAL (can get it all). Laser is permanent hair REDUCTION (can get a certain percentage of hair). Both produce sensation in varying degrees.

Either you can accept yourself for what you look like and not care what others may think about you or you can move forward with a plan for permanent hair removal with one or both of the methods mentioned above. Learn all you can about electrolysis and laser before you take the plunge so you don’t get ripped off.

Dee