i just went for my first treatment with the palomar medilux (i believe this is IPL) today. here’s my history:
- sometime before 1998: a few treatments with electrolysis. couldn’t stand it.
- 1999: ruby red (i think!) laser treatments for over a period of 1 year. approx. 15 treatments. NO RESULTS! if anything, i might have ended up with even more hair.
- 2004: about 8 treatments of traditional electrolysis (blend). VERY painful. might have cleared a little, but pain got to be too much and skin is now pock-marked/scarred.
- 2005: here we go again!
i have thick, dark, coarse hairs on my cheeks, chin, neck, etc. i have had this problem for well over 10 years. my skin is medium colored, i have dark hair and features. i am caucasian.
here are my questions:
- my dermatologist said for me to come back in two weeks. isn’t this too soon?
- dermo said it was OK to pluck hairs between treatments. i believe this is false.
- has anyone had experience with this machine? i am looking for any good/bad comments on treatment with this machine.
anything else i should know? i am pretty well informed about electrolysis, but i can’t believe that nothing has worked for me so far! much thanks in advance. [color:“blue”] [/color]