1st treatment (face & buttocks) 10/30/04

AMAZING!! What an experiece.

So I had my face treated first. The pain was more of a disconfort and was very tolerable. I did have 3 areas where it hurt more (chin, above eyebrow and the upper hair line especially the temple). The laser that was used had 2 attachments…the actually laser wand attached to a another wand that blew cold wind. If not for that cooling wind not sure if I would be able to take the treatment. The only thing that freaked me out a little was the intensity of the blowing wand. Have you ever been walking outside into the wind and you actually can’t breath it is blowing so hard, well I experience that a few times when being treated on my upper lip and my nose. LOL But it was OK.

Then onto my buttocks…WOW. That area hurt a little bit more but I kept repeating to myself that once I am hairfree it was going to be worth it. My boyfriend was there the whole time allowing me to crush his hand when it got intense or when I jumped. He said he saw the hairs exploding as the laser went over my face and butt.

After I was done, my face and buttocks felt fine. I guess as the treatments get more powerful I’ll feel more but yesterday I felt nothing afterwards. I looked at my butt a few hours later and the cheeks looked like I had a bad case of vericose veins. They eventually went away. My face and butt are very smooth right now. No scabs or peeling. That has got to be a good sign…

I was told that I should see some real shedding in 2 weeks. I have my next appt in 2 weeks. I was told not to shave my butt so they can see where the hair is still growing.

I think the laser they used was the Alexendrite…someone called the machine “Alex” at one point…

So overall the appointment went great but I do dread the upping of the intensity for the following treatments…