17 year old guy with excessive hair

Great motivational speak Michael, allso Ill take something from it.

Being depressed is the worst thing one can do - istead using the time to make a plan is much better. If you change your attitude, slowly things start to change, and your plan and the images in your head get into reality.

2,5 years ago, I was allmost in the same situation like you are - thick long hair everywhere on my body (the back, butt and upper arms were really bad, bad, bad) except the forehead and on the head where I started having hairloss.

I had allmost no money, Ive changed my work (after 8 months of working experience) and moved to Germany to earn some money for the treatments, and tried to be as much positive as possible to get my professional and private life allright.

Ive met Josefa and things have started to change, but then Ive lost the positive attitude and got into depression, so I had to go into hospital and Ive lost everything Ive build up in the last 6 years, my work, earned no money, stopped doing treatments.

Now Im still trying to find myself, being positive as before and allso find a new job and get back into treatments (but thanks to Josefa, Ive made big improvements, doing workout, attending cross race SpartanRace, meeting with freinds is now a pleasure for me). So you can see how important is allso for you not to give up and be positive as you can, only then you can live a full life and allso have your goals fullfiled.

Youre young, you have a loooot of time to be everything you want and if you take the advice of Michael, you will be a very happy man if not right now, so in a few years for sure, ill promise you.

Btw: Michael, you dont plan to train some electrologists? We need more good ones like you and Josefa.

Thanks for the very kind remarks Miro.

Funny thing is that I consider myself a “negative thinking” person! Not necessarily a “depressed” personality, but certainly not a “Pollyanna.” Actually, the really “up” people bother me a lot! (I “hate” them!) With all projects, I typically go through all the reasons it will FAIL … and then I do it anyway! (I love actual projects that have tangible results I can see and touch. I like to make things.)

I have found that a negative person (like myself) can still get things done if a plan is in place and easily “acted upon.” The real “motivational speakers?” I find them so out of my range of thinking that they’re like from another planet! It’s real “pie in the face” for me with these silly dudes!

I say: “Stay negative, and get things done!”

I’m a big NAMI supporter and have close friends and a beloved relative with diagnosed mental illness. Yes, even with this “difficulty” a person can thrive. Just for fun, look up (on line) the famous people who had mental illness … and also changed the world! The long list includes such notables as Isaac Newton and Beethoven. Depression seems to top the list of people with genius … and also those that “changed everything” and got things done. Why be normal? “Mad Pride!” The new frontier.

Oh, one interesting side note. Have a look at a medication called “Nuvigil.” A close friend is a psychiatrist that prescribes this medication. This medication is used to alleviate depression “immediately” (NOT like the long-term medications). The US military is now using this medication “by the ton,” because it is not habit-forming and can be used episodically. If you want more information, contact me … I suppose this is not the right place to talk about medication?

What a lovely proposal and motivational speach Michael.

Jovifan, I think this could be the beginning of a success story :wink: