17 and in need of help!

Alight, so im a 17 year old senior (guy) and I already have the whole chest hair thing going on and its already starting on my shoulders and upper back. And I get really disgusted with myself when I look in the mirror and feel bad to ever go swimming with my friends or anything. So what should i do? I dont want to shave but i try and “trim” it every once in awhile to try and make it look a little less bad. Is there anything I can do, and is now the best time to do anything about it, as early as possible? Cause i know its just going to get worse, and if i can stop it now before I even have to deal with it, and what would be the best way to get rid of it? I only live in Minnesota too so would I have to travel cross country to get anything done? Anything would be helpful…

Welcome to the Forum…

You have some choices to make here…

1. Do you want to reduce the hair or remove it totally…?

2. Are you prepared to go through the routine of temporary hair removal to maintain the look you want…?

3. How much pain can you tolerate, and how are you off financially…?

4. Are you prepared to commit to a program and to make the effort over a year or two, in order to be free of hair…?

If you are after permanent hair removal, then you would be advised to find a competent electrologist using good techniques on a recent machine, and making the commitment of time and money.

Temporary methods I would suggest would include waxing and/or an epilator.

You will find with shoulder and back hair that it may be easier to get it done (waxed) for you…

I will add that you probably have more hair coming in the next few years, and if you get onto it now, with electrolysis then you will be getting some of those as they emerge…

There are a number variables here, and until you give us an idea of your commitment and expected outcomes, then we can only talk generally…

Cheers,

David