16 yr old kid w/ problems here...

well im a 16 year old guy and well…i just pretty much hate all the body hair i have and there doesnt seem to be much i can do about it. iv always had long hair and been kind of feminine looking…but i have hair on my face like my dads that grows in way under the skin so even if you shave it you can still see it, on my upper lip anyway. also same thing around my stomach…i tryed tweezing my upper lip and stomach, which works out much better than shaving but when it grows back under the skin you can see it again before i can do anything about it, also even when theres no hair at all, the areas still look darker from visible pores…

shaving my arms always leaves visible pores that looks messed up…legs are probably the easiest but i just dont have the time every day to do that.

id really like to have lasar surgery or something, but i kind of have very very little money, and wouldnt want to ask my mom to pay for something like that, not that she would anyway…

anyways i think im going to try home-made sugaring stuff over the weekend on my arms/face/stomach, and see how that works out…

oh well, thanks to anyone that takes the time to read this…

Welcome to Hairtell… the answers you seek are here on this website, the search feature is helpful, as well as reading posts in various forums…

You will need to find a balance of what you can afford (both time and money) and what is going to be effective and moving toward permanent hair removal/reduction. I would suggest waxing or sugaring as a satisfactory short term solution - better than shaving and lasts a few weeks longer…

As for the ingrowns, many people have positive reports about a product called ‘Tend Skin’…

Good luck,

David

[ March 10, 2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: IHH ]

Reptile:If I were you I would try waxing for afew months to see how you like being smooth. Start with the chest and underarms. You could do those area yourself if you are short of cash.