1000 transplanted grafts removed by a 40 years experienced electrologyst ! Need professional advice 4 months after treatment

As the title says, i had 1000 transplanted grafts removed by a 40 years experienced electrologyst in Germany.
I’m concerned as my skin looks kind of bumpy on various lighting, blueish, and i would say has a “orange peel” effect.

Important to know :

• Had my tranplant in 2021
  • Tried everything to keep my hair (treatments etc)
  • Admit to myself that it was a losing battle and that my tranplant was a mistake
  • Decided to shave it all off
  • Started to have concern on my tranplanted area (teh shape looked really bad shaven).
  • I want to get rid of the tranplant in order to bald naturally.
  • I decided to go for electrolysis with a renown elctrologyst in Munchen germany i found on this forum => 40 years of practice
  • In december I had removed 1000 hairs.
  • It’s been 4 months now and I have concerns on the area, can you tell me what you think ?
  • I was plucking the area a lil bit from April (when i started shaving) to december 2023.
  • I started plucking again also 1 months after my session till Mid march 2024.
  • Now it’s been 3 weeks i stopped plucking and it’s tremendously better, but i am really worried about the bumps and the color of the skin.

Can i safely continue ? Do I have to pause ? Have I been overtreated ? Is it orange peeling ? Have you got example in your practice of something like that ?

Before treatment :

After 4 months of my only treatment :

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

@Andrea
@Deedra @fenix @James_W_Walker_VII @Josefa_Reina @Iluv2zap @Arlene @beate_r

Just tagging the professionnel I read on the forum, hopefully someone can Help ! :slight_smile:

The bumps may be the grafts themselves. Even with micrografts, they are often a little higher or lower than the surrounding skin depending on how they were placed and how you heal. They often have a slightly different skin color similar to other scars you have.

You can sometimes minimize that with silicone sheets if the transplants are recent. Some people have done dermabrasion or peels after hair removal to smooth the skin a bit. Once you have had transplants, the smooth and shiny “cue ball” look on the head can be difficult to achieve.

1 Like

Hello Andrea, Thanks a lot for your answer here !
My concern on what you suggest is that before I got electrolysis, I was tweezing the area, and I could achieve a result Way smoother and not blueish as I am today.

Tu might be a mix but the bumps are definitely more proéminent now than it was when i was only tweezing before electrolysis

The changing color could be either temporary bruising, or the follicles themselves, which sometimes get dark if you are having thermolysis.

I would definitely share your concerns with the electrologist, and if you are not satisfied with the answer, you might want to consult with a cosmetic dermatologist.
There are skin-lightening topical preparations that might help.

Thanks again Andrea !

First of all, i wouldn’t be there if i’d believed that a dermatologist could Help me ! :joy: i’m shure you understand !

They are really really bad in subjects related to hairloss (and i have a huge expérience on that) then i would not expect a better knowledge from them when it comes to electrolys, especially in France.

Again, the change in color which last 4 month can only be hyperpigmentation no ?

Or may be bruises from tweezing ? I stopped around 3 weeks ago ! It might disapear slowly, if it’s bruises ?

Also, can it be the hair themself that are damaging the skin while they grow again After having been tweezed ? (If that make sense)

Did you contact your electrologist about this? She should (and surely wants to) be your first contact.

1 Like