1 year post laser, has this happened to you?

Hello everyone, my laser journey consisted of 5 sessions (2 at Evropa Laser and 3 at Canada Med Laser in Mississauga). I did my research and made sure both laser clinics used quality equipment and I have been for the most part satisfied with my results. I had an INSANELY thick and dense beard since 19 years old that I did not enjoy having to shave nor did I enjoy growing it out. I did my laser sessions starting January 2022 and stopped September 2022 at session 5. My goal was not complete removal rather I wanted to thin things out. After #5 I noticed a bit of patchiness where certain areas were more dark and dense and I sorted this out using electrolysis.

But the ISSUE I have been having is that I feel like every few months I will gain density on my upper lip for example and it will look more dense and I begin to fixate on it, but after awhile it seems to be far less dense with less hairs. The same can be said about my sideburns or chin, I’ve seen it become dense and hairier, then become far less dense, then dense again and it’s almost like my facial hair is constantly changing in density in different areas and it never remains consistent.

I have an understanding of growth cycles but I don’t think this is normal, I also have been told to have a bit of dysmorphia by my psychiatrist so I am simply trying to make sense of if this is something that is actually normal that will continue to happen?

If someone with a deeper understanding of Laser Hair Removal and hair cycles can explain this to me I’d greatly appreciate it.

Do you have any pre and post treatment photos you can share with us? We like photos.
How old are you now?
It’s harder to be precise with laser reduction, so you may get patchy areas that look like a marble cake. Electrolysis will most always be needed to help even things out after laser reduction has done all it can do.

I think I am more so looking for an answer or deeper understanding about this experience specifically, for reference I am 23 years old and it has been 1 year since my last (5th) laser session. I do have photos but I feel they may be redundant to finding answers or deeper understanding of what I am inquiring about.

I can only speculate. What you’re probably seeing is uneven reduction with laser but hair cycles makes the density fluctuate as hairs continue to cycle through resting phase, exogen phase and growing phase. That’s why you’re seeing this dense patches come and go.

2 Likes

It does remind me a lot of the story that was shared here Hair growth cycles question - #4 by James_W_Walker_VII whenI read your post I thought to it right away.