> 1 year experience

So, it’s been a while since my last post, but I just wanted to post an update. I’ve had about ten treatments so far. The first four were with an Alexander ruby laser and didn’t do too much. The last six have been with a Lightsheer.

The results have been good, but mixed. Is my hair decreased? Yes! No doubt. Is it gone? Well, that depends where you look.

The area treated was my shoulders, back of neck, and back. My lower back is completely hair free. My shoulders are much reduced (~60% reduction and it’s much finer). The back of neck is much finer but questionably reduced (~20%).

Overall, is it worth it? Well, that depends on how much you can spend. For me it’s worth it. Shaving and waxing just don’t work, and I still have the scars from electrolysis.

Laser makes everything fall out for a short time, but then a lot of it comes back. But it takes many weeks, and in the meantime, you’re hair free!!

I’ll probably still get treatments, but it’s much finer now, so the benefit versus pain ratio is much reduced and I’m not as motivated since it’s so much finer. (My last treatment was at 47J - can’t remember the pulse length. And it hurts!! EMLA works wonders. My skin type is a 2 with lots of dark hair, almost ideal)

Anyway, that’s my experience over the past two years. Good luck all. And remember, results vary from person to person and from location to location.

Serge.

Why don’t you try the Aurora system on finer hairs or another laser/IPL??

As you’ve noted, you changed laser after four treatments, maybe a change could see better results???