Why aren't I allowed to wash the treated area?

Hi Alicia,
Thank you for your suggestions! I’d really like to compare her with other practioners also, but the problem is: there’s only two of them here in my area! I have not “tried” electrologist “number 2” yet, but am planning to. Perhaps my current practioner is skilled, but she’s just too epensive.

Btw, am I really “allowed” to put moisturizer on the treated area? I though that was a big "no no, as I’ve heard the skin should be kept dry and clean. Perhaps I’m wrong.

/julia

Hi Julia:

I would suggest using a cream with Aloe Vera or
Vitamin E, or perhaps both. I have had a lot of facial electrolysis and afterwards use a cream with tea tree oil
and zinc oxide in it to help with the healing. Tea tree oil is rather strong smelling so you may just want to use it overnight. I use these immediately during the evening following the electrolysis.

I once had a shop which mixes potions make up a mixture for me which had tea tree oil, lavender, vitamin E, A and D in it. It works well and smells nice too.

Probably after a week it wouldn’t matter what kind of moisturizer you used.

Alicia

I am also getting my arms treated and experience scabs which form the day after my treatment. So far, my scabs only last about 4 days. I wash my arms with Dove Sensitive Skin body wash and I only use my hands (avoiding washcloths or loofahs so that I don’t irritate the skin). Dove also has a moisturizing body wash if you are worried about dry skin.

I looked into laser with my arms too, since it is such a large area. I ended up choosing electrolysis because I didn’t want to put my money into laser and then have to follow it up with electrolysis later. I decided that electrolysis was a much better, wiser investment of my money. I am also very uncomfortable with the variations that are possible with laser. Induced hair growth is my greatest fear. I would much rather stick with something that is tested and proven.

just fyi, induced hair growth is very rare and certain conditions are usually present. first, it’s only on woman’s face and men’s back and upper arms, NOT woman’s arms etc that anyone has ever experienced it. and also, the only time it has been said to happen is when low settings were used ON SPARSE single hairs, usually fine hairs too. Laser should only be used on areas with pretty coarse thick and dark growth.