What setting for blend Sterex?

DC flood-out is very real indeed.

I will delve into this topic, but can’t do it justice in a few written lines (that virtually nobody will read).

But consider the difference between grammar and the spoken language. Language came before grammar. Grammar was developed ONLY to help people understand and learn a language that was already being spoken. Similarly, those are the “units of lye” charts, etc.

The charts, formulas and computerized features have removed from the operator what the fingers and eyes once clearly understood. Indeed, grammar does have its place … but then the language should become second-nature; an instinct.

Think about this: when you speak your native language, you NEVER think about the grammar rules. And, that concept will be the basis of a video when I’m back up and running.

Imagine if you were forced to make a sentence diagram each time you spoke a sentence. Silly. And, making people compute “units of lye” and follow arbitrary rules that were only designed to guide you, is equally silly.

Topping my list of “silly,” is the infernal “beeping” that some machines make. The beep was designed only as a guide, but some electrologists think the beep indicates a perfectly epilated hair.

Even though this was solved in another thread, I emailed Sterex a while ago and just got a reply regarding how the DC Setting is set:

“Sterex haven’t had a machine with a mA meter for over 20 years as we changed to digital readouts showing the percentage of available current rather than measuring the output in terms of mA’s.
Therefore we can’t give you comparisons with mA output but advise you that you should start with a low output and work up 5-10 digits at a time, in a different follicle each time, until you find the working point (the level at which the hair removes easily from the follicle)then record that number on the clients record card.”

That’s strange. % of what? In what units of measurement? This is the main problem with electrolysis machines in that they lack universal standards. Every manufacturer makes up measurements of something that can’t be translated to another machine etc… HF never had a universal measuring system that could be translated to other machines, but with Blend and Galvanic the DC side was always straight up: 0.1 mA would be the same 0.1 mA on another machine, until Sterex lol

This was posted in the “electrolysis on penis” thread but I think dimi is correct:

Hey guys :slight_smile: been a while since I was last on here! I decided to pick up the electrolysis again after a long break (of laziness) and thankfully still have the insertions down.

I have some questions:

1. For those of you who DIY-treated your scrotum: how did you do it? I’m finding it so hard to stretch the skin and find a proper insertion method. I’m so afraid to pierce the skin or bend the needle. I’m also unsure of how deep to go here. What are your advice and suggestions?

2. Currently I’m only treating my penile shaft (which is almost cleared of hair in the areas I initially worked on) and I can’t use the two-handed method here. Did you guys learn to do the two-handed method when self-treating? Such as your leg? Because I have yet to find the working point using this method. There was a lot of trial and error initially to find a setting that works for me (and resulted in a lot of scaring) but I know theres a better setting that will yield better results but the Sterex manual doesn’t do a good job of explaining to find the working point because the settings they state to start with are far too high and painful. So, did you learn to do the 2-handed method performing on your leg? Ideally I’d love to get it down so I can quickly clear my legs (as compared to the speed I’m going at now).

When I figure out how to use the machine properly I’ll make a user manual and post it here.

Does anyone have experience purchasing a second-hand (actually, third-hand) Sterex Blend machine?

I’ve found one in my country that I would consider to be dirt cheap for the equivalent of about US$340. It comes with the rod, probe holder and foot pedal as well as all the necessary cords.

Seller is unsure of its age, but says it’s all in working order. It looks in decent condition too.

My Sterex blend was bought second hand. Unsure of it’s age as well but it’s working just fine.

Forget 2 handed method when you’re working on yourself in one of the most difficult areas of the body. You will be using your support hand to stretch skin.

I do not hold tweezers in my hand during treatment time. I will treat multiple hairs in same cluster then grab the tweezers to remove hairs. DIY is hard as is, if most pros can’t work 2-handed on clients, how do you expect to do that on yourself?

Regarding scrotum, it appears that you’re struggling to see the follicles. Working on yourself after a hot shower helps relax the skin. I stretch the sections by pinching and pulling with index finger and thumb. If you cannot see the needle in the follicle, go very slow and establish depth gauge with the needle and then memorize how deep the probe went in to release a hair with bulb.
Do not worry about speed, you can’t buildup speed with DIY.
You will not reach all hairs on bottom of scrotal area where it starts to join perineum. But you can treat a good 90% of scrotal skin.

Same here - I do not hold the tweezer during treatment - far too much to do with my hands already!

I can see the follicles (thanks to the loupe I bought) but my issue more is inserting the needle because there seems to be a lot of resistance - yet no pain. So I wonder if its just the skin around the area. I’ve only treated the scrotum of 4 hairs so far just to test and it seems to have been done right. The more I do, the better I’ll get. I’ll report back on this.

In my session last week I successfully treated both my nipples :grin:
Will wait for the growths I’ve missed and treat that and after that I think I’ll be hair free here.

[color:#CC33CC]Fenix, and others, have you self treated your arm and armpits? I’m right handed so eventually I want to attempt my arm and armpits. And maybe down the line try to treat the right arm too. [/color]

one handed, two handed, may I present to you the “modified” 2 handed method?Not to be confused with Michael Bono’s “progressive epilation” two handed method for blend treatments. This is how I tend to work day to day and I know alot of other electrologists do as well.
The whole idea of Michael’s 2 handed technique is to continually “test” the hair with gentle traction to determine the exact point at which the hair loosens enough to release. The two handed technique he describes is the same technique talked about in other electrolysis texts as well.
But most electrologists DONT work that way. They have long ago learned how much energy in what place on various clients is going to do the job. What’s almost as good as “progressive epilation” is “efficient epilation” . For this a one handed technique is really more useful. Why? Becaue it frees up one hand to stretch the skin or hold it taught, to achieve better/easier insertions.Essentially in one hand you hold the probeholder and in the ame hand your tweezers are palmed and between the thumb and forefinger. The tweezers are “flipped” down along the thumb to grasp the hair. Good accurate tweezers with good balance help iimmensely, and for this I really like the peer vigour 3c tweezers.
It takes a little practise, but very shortly you find that you are able to achieve very fast,accurate insertions, and then “flip” the tweezers in almost zero time into place to extract the hair. With a high power thermolysis current, you can treat a hair and remove a hair in less than 2 seconds with practise.Because I do this for countless hours every day I can do it even faster than that. I honestly feel that s DIY’ers, there is more to be gained from more accurate insertions because the skin is more open, than time savings by continuallygrasping and testing the hair.

hummm … with the 2-hand technique, you are not fiddling and testing every hair. Once established, you just go for it.

Stretching is easily done with both hands using the 2-hand technique.

Let me put this another way. There is a gigantic difference between somebody who is just trying and experimenting with the 2-hand technique and with someone who is an expert in the technique.

Sort of like eating with chopsticks. Watch a new-bee “Westerner” and then watch a Japanese. That’s the difference.

The 2-hand technique is faster and more efficient than 1-hand.

Hi
I’m using the evolution 7 and dont understand the setting. To your knowledge do you know anyone who could help with it.

I’m afraid I dont know anyone familiar with the evolution 7 including myself. . Silouette tone used to make some descent machines but I havent seen them get that much traction to be honest. I know my local intercosmetics had an evolution 5 in their shop for more than a year, and had never sold one .