Tria Home Laser Experiences

Hi there , can anyone give an overview regarding these devices home use , because i bought A rio saloon hair removal 2 months ago , and i used it many time without result.It would be grateful if you couild give me feedback .

Regards
ventdusud

I think you already got your feedback - what you saw is pretty much what everyone else who tries it sees. If the Rio worked, I would buy it myself instead of spending money on expensive professional treatments.

I bought this about two weeks ago and used it for the first time last Saturday on my bikini line.

The bad news:
It was pretty (ok, extremely) painful - that’s a sensitive area with fairly dense growth, but I was determined to use the highest setting so I just stopped every few beeps to recover. I’ll definitely be picking up some lidocaine for next time. I divided the area into 1" sections and tried to go over each section with overlapping as described in the manual; I definitely didn’t get in the full 35 beeps per section, probably more like 10-15. Ouch. I also used it on the middle setting on my underarms, but didn’t really cover it heavily. At that point I was tired of being in pain :slight_smile:

The good news:
I didn’t expect to see results for two weeks, but I’ve already seen a HUGE difference on my bikini line. Much better than I expected after a single treatment. Where I used the laser, I probably have an 80-90% reduction; some hairs are still coming in but it’s waaaay less than the areas I didn’t use it on. And the laser definitely hurts less on areas with less hair, so I’m hoping it’ll be less painful when I do it again. Also, some of the hairs that are coming in are really loose - when I tug on them they slide right out.

My underarms - where I used the second highest setting and didn’t overlap - seem a tiny bit lighter but not significantly. I think you really have to suck it up and use the highest setting.

I have pretty light skin and dark blonde hair (darker on my bikini line… wow its weird to be discussing this on the internet!). I really bought the laser primarily for the bikini line, so I’m completely satisfied with the results. I don’t know how long they’ll last and if they’ll actually be permanent, but frankly I don’t really care - if it starts to grow back I’ll just laser it off again. Anything’s better than having to shave that area.

Just to clarify that you’re not seeing a “reduction”. At this point, you’re seeing the treated hair shed. That doesn’t mean that they were all killed. If the settings were high enough, then hopefully a bunch of them were killed. However, with the 600ms pulse setting, it’s doubtful that any hair can be damaged permanently. But it seems that you are fine with that.

Keep in mind that blond hair is not supposed to be affected. It sounds like yours may be more light brown. It needs to have pigment to be affected by laser. If you’re seeing shedding, that means it does, so it’s not technically as blond as you think, or the roots are darker than what you see on the outside.

Here you go :slight_smile:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c6e52013865284

And from the comment on pain, it’s incredibly painful without anesthetic. Emla from Canadapharmacy now ships from England and costs twice as much as the Lido 4% which is what I switched to.

is it true you can’t use this device on your face? has anyone tried it on their face? why would they not create this to be used on a face? that’s one of the most embarassing places a woman has hair growth. is it just to cover their butts if someone accidentally lasered their eyes or burned their skin on their face? higher powered lasers at clinics can be used on the face… or have all these places been doing wrong ?

I would venture out and say to avoid lawsuits due to eye damage and permanent scarring from burns etc.

Vulpes,

Any news on how the results of your treatments with the tria? Would you say it has worked so far? Do you have any photos of your results from the tria?

Vulpes, your skin should react stronger to proper treatments. The skin should be red, the follicles should be raised and the skin will be slightly swollen. It will look/feel like a mild sunburn for a couple of days.

tt_wa84 please update on how the skin looks after the hair has shed? and for how long have you been hair free?

I’m finishing up the 5th round of sessions today. Some areas have been mostly touch ups since the 3rd round, and right now I’d say I have 95% inhibition in the areas I’ve done.

I’m going to leave everything untreated for at least a month and take some pictures then. There should at least be some hair that hasn’t been in their cycle yet, so I’m sure I’ll have to catch those as they grow.

It’s a pretty liberating device, and I can see this kind of thing become really addictive. I’ve done areas I never considered getting done professionally due to the hassle, embarrassment or cost. For instance my armpits, which I was never inclined to shave, have been 100% smooth for several weeks… its so weird feeling (in a good way!).

Vulpes have you had professinal treatmets done prior to Tria?

Yes :slight_smile: See:

http://www.geocities.com/vulpresults/

Make sure you keep us posted Vulpes. I am curious to see how this works out for you.

Hey Vulpes, I have a question: When you did your professional laser treatments, how low were the fluence settings that your hair responded to?

I’ve done a lot of professional treatments at pretty high settings with only mixed results (I have coarse, dark hair and pretty light skin) and am thinking of getting the TRIA for touchups, but I am worried that it may not be powerful enough, since a good amount of my hair hasn’t responded to even professional lasers.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Hey everyone!! I have just ordered my TRIA and I am so excited! I’m trying not to have crazy expectations but I have to admit, I’m hoping this works for me. I decided to buy the product after looking at every review I could find. It seems like the people who have the best results are fair skinned with dark hair - and that fits me exactly! I am so over razor bumps and not being able to have a smooth bikini line all the time, so I figured I’d give it a try. I spoke to a customer service rep before purchasing…she assured me that there are absolutely NO restrictions on the 90 day money back guarantee. If you return it within 90 days, you get your money back. So, here goes it! I’ll keep everyone updated on my results…maybe even post some pictures! Wish me luck!

Good luck RUgirl! Just be prepared for the pain, it does hurt so you may need to purchase lidocaine. If you have an extremely high pain threshold though maybe it wont bother you.

It’s been over 3 weeks now since the 5th session on my chest and underarms. I’ve actually been treating many areas, but I’ll use them as an example.

I would say that about half of the hair on my chest has come back in, but much lighter and finer. There are really no hairs that even closely resemble the original black hairs that were there (sorry I haven’t yet had time to take pictures).

My armpits (which were darker and coarser) are practically unnoticeable (velous hairs?). I was under the impression my armpits were completely clear of hair, when in fact the hair was just too hard to see or feel.

My evolving impression is that the Tria (on its highest setting) will significantly diminish coarse black/dark-brown hair, and will completely stop some particularly dark hairs, but that it is probably not powerful enough to destroy fine/light hair.

This could be beneficial to men because, I think, many of us simply prefer more “normal” looking hair… rather than completely bare skin. The Tria results are self-limiting to this effect (e.g. as a hair gets lighter and finer it will respond less to treatment).

Those with light-brown, soft hairs will probably not benefit much, and those with large areas or seeking complete removal should expect to get professional laser followup(s) at a higher fluence.

To brassmonkey: My pro lightsheer sessions started with a fluence in the low 20’s and ramped up each session eventually hitting the low 40’s to kill the last, light hairs.

RUgirl, keep in mind that professional treatments for bikini line cost around $100 per treatment and you need around 6 treatments. If that’s all that’s bothering you, it’s actually cheaper to get professional treatments which are a lot more powerful.

brassmonkey, settings vary across machines. Can you provide details on the machine used and joules, pulse and spot size?

Vulpes,

Can you post pictures of your chest before treatments and what your chest looks like now?