The Best in the World

So, what are you sanding and painting?

I can’t get into this conversation right now as I am too bummed out wondering if hurricane Irene is going to delay my flight to Quebec City, via Philedelphia.

Be at ease gentlemen.

I was wondering the same thing. I’m going to guess it’s some awesome classic car

ha ha ha … I’m doing a remodel on my house and will end up sanding the entire inside and outside to bare wood. Almost done.

I used to make kayaks and I’m taking an old “plug” that never because an “in-production” model and making a sculpture out of it. Sanding is nice, but the expoxy gel coat is horrible … even my neighbors can’t breathe. (I’ll post a photo when I’m done.)

I hope you can get to the convention … I have my finger crossed.

For me the best in the world is who enjoys with the work. Who at the end of 1 hour you get the feeling that’s been 10 minutes.
Who appraises himself to correct the errors. Who feels empathy with the customer’s wishes.
Who is eager to receive a newsletter or article.
Who would spend hours talking about Electrolysis.
Who ever feels the curiosity of a child 6 years and want to know how, when and why.
Who did not throw the towel when the laser was a threat. Who celebrates every new comment from a colleague.
One who learns from the customer perspective.
In short, who is lucky enough to do what he or she likes and has discovered his/her true vocation.
That is the best in the world.

Just a quick post- upthread somebody mentioned lack of advertising. This is true. I can remember back in the 1990s- there was a lot of ads/exposure (like Lucy Peters) but then over the years it has dwindled. I don’t really see a ton of laser ads either- maybe a few here and there.

It is definitely tough to find electrologists or laser folks- some information is outdated or they’re out of business. I found one electrologist here that’s been in practice for 40 years (or so her basic website says).

The other tough thing is that electrolysis and laser treatment are not exactly… ‘conversation starters’ you could say; kind of tabboo so people tend to grab onto something like HairTell or other forums simply for the happiness to see professionals posting and helping where they can. I’ve only managed to ask one person- only because I knew her history- has had treatments (I can’t remember which though).

that’s my 20 cents

Josefa’s wisdom is shining!!!

(Now I must read the whole thread!)

Oh my God!!

Jossie: “The Spirit of what is the best in our Profession”

Allow me a correction, Michael.
“The spirit of what the more [color:#990000]happy [/color]in our profession” :slight_smile:

What poetry,wisdom and beauty,Josefa. Well said, and true to all of us who are passionate about our work.

The problem in my country is that Laser has dominated the hair removal market. There are, count, zero electrolysis clinics. The people who do electrolysis do very little of this method, they work at beauty salons or clinics for skin conditions. So Electrolysis is far from the only thing that they do. and if you have dark hair and light skin, all of them will recommend Laser first.
One day I’ll probably trave a long way just for a great electrolygist.