teenage daughter with blonde hair????

dee.oz,

You are very sweet and I take no offense with any question you ask. In fact, I admire your total, persistent effort here to figure out this new technology. What you are doing by posting your comments, observations and questions will help many who are silently following this thread and hoping alongside you. Everybody wants pain-free permanent hair removal with no skin reaction. Even though the manufacture says this is LONG TERM hair removal, meaning it is not permanent, you do have the other two factors working in your favor - pain-free and no skin reaction.

Now to your question. With electrolysis, we treat individual hairs and then we lift out the hair. When we lift out the hair, we know at that moment, we have a clue, that the hair received the proper amount of energy for the proper amount of timing, if it slides out nicely. If it slides out nicely, we can most probably feel very good about that because,most likely, that means the hair has been permanently eliminated. Thus, the client gets what she or he has paid for.

Waxing after passing an ultrasonic wave down the hair shaft gives a great visual appearance, but the practitioner has no way of knowing how the hair would have released, by mass waxing. If they tweeze it on an individual basis, well you would or would not feel it, so that would be better than waxing.

Permanent hair removal should have sensation attached to it. Each hair is surrounded by a network of nerves. When heat is used to coagulate the bottom 2/3 of the follicle, you should feel something. It has been said by electrolysis pioneers that “a painless treatment is a worthless treatment”. This is why I remain skeptical. I am not a know-it-all hot shot, so I remain open-minded to anything posted here. When I hear critical mass stories about hair NOT returning six months to one year after doing nothing to an area that was treated by this device, then I will express some emotion here. Their clinical studies are deceitful. They only observed hair for sixty days when a hair growth cycle can be double the amount of time if it is a finer hair.

Why should I care where you put your hopes and how you spend your money? Well, I know how hard I labor to earn my money and I don’t like to be ripped off. Also, when these dream devices are invented and the studies are dubious and defy the principles of permanent hair removal, then it reflects back on electrolysis. We are thrown into the mix of “no such thing as permanent hair removal” and we then we have to spend a lot of time convincing the consumer that we are not in the same category as those magic tweezer and cream devices that are constantly being pushed at 2am in thirty minute long infomercials.

We are having an honest, polite exchange here. It is not my intention to smirk and say, " I told you so " in the end. I am for freedom and want you to exercise your right to go forth and try something new. I value your opinions and observations and I get the sense that you will be fair and honest about this product and what it has done for you two years from now.

Lastly, are you getting electrolysis done on the areas that you are being treated with ultrasound?

hello, I’m back with an update on our trip to the salon, the lady who says she would be able to do the electrolysis on my daughter had a look at my daughters face and said it was too big an area to do electrolysis on and suggested waxing instead. I hope you are all not going to shout “oh no you shouldn’t have done that!!” but we went ahead and had her sideburn area waxed, it hardly hurt her at all and it does look lovely. She didnt do the cheek area as the hairs were too short at the time so will need to go back for them. whats your opnions on waxing???, have we done the right thing??? or would you imagine electrolysis is still the best thing?? thanks all!!

I guess they want to wait until the waxing makes your daughters facial hair thicker and darker to start electrolysis on it.

Seriously, waxing is only a temporary fix that has the possibility of a really bad side effect. Just look for other electrolysis professionals in your area. Hopefully, someone near you will be willing and able to work on this problem for a permanent solution.

I have cleared full face & neck, full back, full chest, full legs with electrolysis. I can’t imagine that your daughter’s face is so large as to be more work than all that.

Thanks for that!, no she has a lovely LITTLE face!!!lol,I will have a look around, and see if i can find someone prepared to do it, what are the possible bad side effects for waxing by the way, worried now!!!

Other than the eyebrows, waxing facial hair often INCREASES the thickness or the hairs, darkens the color, and may even increase the number of hairs growing on the face over time. Many posters here on the site can attest to this fact. Long term waxers and threaders end up with hars so thick and deep that higher treatment energies are needed to remove the hairs, when doing electrolysis in the first place would have been easy and done with a low treatment setting.

I’m with James. I’m glad I never waxed. I had seen what it had done to cousins and friends and over the long term it definitely increases the thickness of the hairs. Then you have to start dealing with ingrowns and all sorts.
The fact I never waxed also made it easier to do electrolysis on the sideburn hairs - waxing almost certainly strengthens them.

It may be okay for the time being but really, you need to find a good electrologist in your area! It can be daunting for electrologists of the calibre we have here but it can be done.

You could start off just working on the sideburns and once they are under control, move to the cheeks.

Oh i am so glad i asked, perhaps that will be the first and last time we will go down the waxing route. I have been trying to find electrolysists in this area though and really not having much luck, if anybody can help, i am near billericay in essex!!

Your girl won’t be so chuffed when the hair grows straight back, I think that was perhaps not the best advice you could have received.

these people say they do it:
http://www.secretsalons.com/salon/ladies-of-leisure/950449/

& these:
http://www.secretsalons.com/salon/obsession/1171805/

I wonder if Basildon college offer it? The college near to where I’m moving next week (Somerset) run a beauty salon that offers electrolysis for £1 a minute.

Thanks Bluebottle, I had a look at those two salons but they didnt have a website, was going to ring them when i found a local lady who has been doing electrolysis for 20years and sounds great, so we are going to go and see her next week. I did have a look at basildon college, which is a great idea but they only treat over 16’s, but i may bear that in mind for myself, thanks for your suggestions!

Just wondering before i make this appointment with the lady i found, does the hair need to be a certain length before treatment ??

Personally, I just need a little hair peeking out of the skin, like 1/16" or 0.159 cm. Some electrologists may need a little more, but they should not need more than 1/2" or 3.17 cm.

That’s great thanks, we are not seeing her till next week so hopefully should have grown enough by then!

Good luck and she really should have enough length by next week.