Specific Q about procedure?

Hi again everyone,

I have another question about the electrolysis procedure…a non-technical question.

What do you use or what is used on you to wipe away removed hairs from the face during treatment? My electrologist applies some liquid that smells like rubbing alcohol onto a cosmetic pad and wipes my face. Is there something specific that needs to be used to disinfect or something? My skin is sensitive and I want to tell her to stop using whatever it is.

Thanks!

My electrologists all just lay the hairs onto a cotton ball, napkin, or the sticky top side of their own glove as they remove each hair. I’ve never had anything wiped onto me (except afterward during cataphoresis) and I’m pretty positive you can just ask her to stop since it sounds like it’s just her personal method of working and not integral to the treatment itself.

She probably thinks she is being conscientious, when she is actually bothering you. The funny thing is, as one gets faster at removing hairs, one doesn’t have time to put them neatly on cotton pads, or napkins, or what ever. they just end up flying all over the place, or collecting on your cheek, or where ever one is working, and eventually need to be brushed away with a barber’s hair broom.

True for me, too. I use a soft, clean tissue to gently wipe the hairs away from the area where I’m working to clear the clutter. The hairs fall on the sheet or the paper that covers the pillow. Sometimes I lay hairs on my gloved first finger and flick them in the trash can close by with such pleasure and satisfaction!
Tell her to please cease with the alcohol stuff. Hopefully, she wipes the wetness off your skin before resuming insertions. Is your skin dryer than usual after a session?

Dee

Thanks for your replies everyone. It’s really annoying because not only does it seem to be irritating my skin, she wipes SO hard like pulling my skin, and after she wipes it…the treatment hurts more…I’m assuming it’s because my skin is slightly damp for whatever it is she’s using? When she wipes my face and then treats me, I really feel the electricity current.

I’ve told her before that it’s iritating my skin so she used something else. Next time I’m just going to tell her to simply wipe (since it seems to be an integral part of her method) with a plain cotton cosmetic pad with nothing on, or just a tissue.

If the liquid she is wiping with carries a charge, she is dissipating the treatment energy into your upper dermis, and that would make the treatment more painful. I wish things like this actually WERE taught at continuing education seminars, but this is something she might only learn in the lunch room in between lectures on sterilization and insurance policies.