Shaving, Plucking - Plucking, Shaving HELP!!

Thank you for sending those pictures. What amazing work. I know my electrologist is good, so what do I need to be asking her to get the results, both she and I want? Do I need to have more than one 15 minute treatment a week?

Thank you.

As stated, the first picture of Tina Marie’s work with the before and after cheek pics took 3 hours done in one day. If you are just starting out on a beard removal, you need all the time you can get. Since many electrologists are not willing to work longer than 15 to 30 minutes at a time, while someone like you needs about 20 hours or more in the first 6 weeks, this becomes the main reason people are willing to travel to see me. My only advise is to have a heart to heart with your practitioner about the time requirements of what you need. Keep in mind however, that getting full first clearance the way I do it is only possible with certain equipment, and that some machines cause too much skin irritation to do more than a certain amount of hairs per square centimeter. She should know what is safe to do with her set up.

In any event, one thing we know for sure, you need more than 15 minutes of work at a time, and you may need more than one day a week at the beginning of this process. You don’t work the same area twice in one week, but you could work on one cheek on Monday, and turn the other cheek for Tuesday or Wednesday.

Am a 23 yo, looking for bikini area suggestions on more permanent type hair removal, temp ususing triming/shaving. thenks, jp

I do not know what requirements the British Govt. has for electrolysis machines. If they are American machines they are OK… IF the electrologist knows what she is doing. There are probably good machine in UK but I do not know anything about them. The operators who bought a computerized machine will try to insist they are better. They have been sold a “bill of gods”. All high frequency devices have a built in computer with a crystal that controls the speed (frequency) of the current and keeps it uniform so it does not fluctuate. What claims do they make about their “computerized” machines. The speed of the current is a ridiculous argument ecause they have to be either 13.5 megahertz or 2X that or 3X that. Yu can not tell the difference between them by your own feel as it is so fast that it makes a bullet look like it is creeping. You still have to deliver HEAT to the right location in the proper quantity for the correct time to “cook” the papilla, not the hair. If you are talking about speed of the machine you are talking about millionths of a second and that does not make any difference.

Manufacturers have to sell machines. They are always looking for something to promote. Electrologists do not know enough about their machines, consequently, they are pushovers for any “NEW” idea that sounds good and will swear by it after they buy a new machine… This is the PLACEBO EFFECT. As long as you deliver the right amount of heat to the right location for the right amount of time you are OK. Today I saw a machine that CLAIMS to put oxygen into the skin. That is what your blood is doing or it dies. It would turn blue first if it needed oxygen. Applying it to the surface is useless as it can not get to live cells below the keratin on the surface as it is dead. Evidently women love it and are willing to pay for it but it does NOTHING for the skin.

I have asked this man, lefty2g,LE,CPE (Harvey Grove), several times if he has ever used the Apilus Platinum or Pure on his clients. I get no response, but yet he continues with his rants. At least he has turned off the CAP key and is not shouting as much.

If you are still a retired electrologist, then I assume you haven’t used the better brands of computerized epilators, so how is it that you are such the expert about this technology? There is no placebo effect and if you were still practicing electrolysis and actually opened your wallet and your mind to use the better brands of computerized epilators, for one full year, then your clients would most certainly know the difference. I have clients that have returned for clean ups that I have not seen since 2001. I don’t tell them anything about the Apilus Platinum that I now use. They probably think I am still using the epilator that I used in 2001. I can tell you that they ALL say that this time around that electrolysis is more comfortable. Placebo effect? I don’t think so.

When are you going to understand that the newer technology still adheres to the basic principles of delivering the right amount of heat to the right location for the right amount of time? When are you going to understand that these epilators deliver permanent hair removal with little to no downtime - the clients’ skin condition is very good to excellent within a short time after treatment. Sensation is the biggest plus and the faster speed is responsible and does make a difference. You are totally misinformed about all this and I think it’s because you have no hand’s on experience with these better epilators and you don’t have an open mind. Being stuck in the past is terribly deceptive for one as smart as you.

Note: Harvey never discusses one on one with anyone or answers questions asked of him, he just hops all over this board and declares what he thinks he knows as the ultimate truth and everyone else is stupid if they don’t agree with him.

And we love Harvey all the same.

We do?