severe after wax pimples..help..

And not to do a commercial for anyone, but the Under Armour and equivalents like Nike Dri Star, Starter, and even Wal-Mart’s Active Wear line do an excellent job of keeping sweat off your body and keeping your body more comfortable regardless of temperature.

Hi, I just joined this site and after reading all your psts with suggestions I wanted to speak to you. Ihave been an esthetician in ON,Canada for 12 yrs. I do not wax my clients, I prefer the sugaring method for a few simple reasons. The sugar paste is not hot and does not stimulate circulation in the areas s the hair is being removed. Therefore an immune system reaction, such as theone you had will be minimized in the first place. The hair is extracted in the natural direction of growth with a hand-paste sugaring method( not strips) which creates less stress on the follicle and leaves less trauma on the nerve endings that are beside the hair follicles and get jarred upon extractions. The reaction you are haivng is an internal one and will get better as your body identifies that the ‘trauma’ casued by the hair removal is normal … The pimples are not actual pimples, they are follicles filled with White bolld cells form the hsitamine reaction that was caused at the time of extraction. These ‘pimples’ should not be broken open as this allows bacteria into the base of the follicel and you could get infection and redness at the site for up to 2 or 3 weeks. The best advice is to make sure you are cleaned by yur esthetician thouroughly pre hair extraction and again right afterwards. My advice to clients to to soak in a bath of 1/2 cup Dead Sea Salts( easier on skin than epsom, too drying) Apply a fragrance free,water based moisturizer( oil based cremes with block the follicle and create ingrowns if applied within 12 -24 hrs of hair extraction). Only wear a clean white shirt afterhair extraction becasue if you sweat into the open follicles this can casue blockage of the follicle as well. Exfolitaing between treatments with a Spa masssage glove is best option. They can be cleaned in washer /dryer so that no bacteria or mold can build up in them and they tend to dry out completely quickly between uses every other day. DOnt forget to moisturize your skin on a daily basis to keep skin soft and from building up too many layers of dead skin cells between treatments. This will help reduce the pain druing your treatments.
I shy away from using any witch hazel,tend skin or tea tree iol as they all tend to dry out the skin too much and then create other problems with surrounding skin ongoing.
After hair removal you shuold be cautioned not to go out in sun, exercise, perspire or put on any soap , creme lotion that is not water based. Make sure to sleep on clean bedsheets that night and remember to soak in a tub or compress the area with a towel that has ben soaked in a basin of water and a few teaspoons of Dead Sea Salt. Rub the towel over the area several times to ensure that anything that has fallen into the open pore will be washed out…
Hope all these tips help. And next time you have hair removal services, make sure the esthetician is qualified and gives after care advice… Good luck in future with this…

Thanks SugarInstructor,
All good advice for a new waxer. Do you have advice for this type of reaction forming 5+ days after the waxing? It seems to me that the pores/follicles should have had time to heal by then.

TravisMT81,
Do you suppose that something else is going on? With good care initially you should have had no problems camping and boating 5 days later.

Thanks for all the advice, after almost 7 weeks I am finally almost cleared up. I did use tend skin and I am not sure if that is what helped or not. Not sweating is really not an option for me as I live in Florida and am overall my back always sweats lol. But I think the soaking in the tub is a good idea.

Hey, I got my chest, stomach and lower back waxed on monday afternoon. I’m 18 year old guy. It is now tuesday night and i hate these pimples/whiteheads appearing on my stomach and chest :frowning:

I got waxed for a pool party I’m going to for Australia day and now theres no way I can take my shirt off! I would rather have had the hair there. I’m going to look like an idiot being the only one probably not going in the pool.

I need help to get rid of them ASAP.

The lady who did it at the salon who was the same age as me said “my friend got all ingrown hairs because i didn’t tell him to exfoliate, but you should be ok with your type of hair you won’t need to”… she was WRONG! I don’t even know how to exfoliate lol…

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this in time for Saturday :frowning:

Make sure you keep the area clean, try to avoid sweating to much e.g. working out and so on. Try using tea tree oil on the area and DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT squeeze them, otherwise you’ll look like someones been playing dot to dot with a red marker.

Tea tree oil helps keep the area clean and helps soothe it. The white heads usually go down relativley fast if you do proper aftercare. Did they give you a sheet explaining how to do so? I’m also finding it interesting that she told you this and then said “but you will be fine”, men are prone to breaking out after waxing because of the coarsness of the hair and larger areas, anyway pimples can also occur on any hair type. This is down to bacteria caused by sweating and so on, coming into contact with the freshly waxed area leading to little white headed pimples.

If you start to devlop ingrowns as well, which are different from those white headed pimple try applying a lotion called TendSkin, this stuff is godly and will help speed up ingrowns.

In regards to exfolliating trying using a loafer the last time you shower before treatment you can also buy exfoliating body washes as well. For more pre-waxing advice and aftercare instructions, which are important to follow as soon as you are waxed, you may want to have a look back at this post and run a search on the forum.

Kind regards,
Benji

Did you sweat, work out etc soon afterwards? You should keep the area dry and clean for the next week. Don’t squeeze them out. Buy some witch hazel and apply a few times a day. Don’t use anything with chemicals like body washes, scrubs, etc on your skin and try not to sweat.

One more thought for you: If you wax again, make sure you wash the areas very well with soap and water prior to waxing. It’s a big plus to start with clean skin and to keep it sanitized afterwards. You may have done this, but if you did not wash well before the treatment, do so next time and see if that will minimize your reaction.

Although this post smells awfully spammy, I am going to leave it, as the products in the links are actually related to the conversation, and are not just what one would find in their own supermarket for $3.99

Of course, I don’t know that any of us would need 1,000 pounds of anything.

All I am going to say is Hero90 had better post a normal post quickly, or we may change our minds on this.

don’t pop the pimple it will only worsens the condition. keep the area clean and dont scrub so hard. Should you ever require information about pimple removal, feel free to visit http://acneskinsite.com/ They have great products that wont ruin your skin.

I had the same problem, whenever get a wax done, my solution is to put body powder on it after the wax and then wait one full day after the wax treatment and take a shower, when you are taking a shower, use a gentle cleaner to clean your affected area, I use Neutrogena Body Wash Body Clear or any other cleaner and then after shower, gently pat yourself dry with a clean towel and then after that, put a thick cream moisterizer, the one I use is called eucerin, its a non-comedogenic, non-irritating (won’t clog pores) creme. It helped me removed pimples with in 4 days, it will minimize it the first two days and after that you will see a huge difference, I use this with gold bond body powder, first put the eucerin creme on the area where you have the acne/pimples/ redness and then right over it put some body powder on, I use Gold bond body powder, both of these products can be brought from any drugstore, department store, or grocery store and keep on doing this for one week and you will definitly see huge results, I have tried so many products whenever I get pimples/acne/redness and most don’t work, but this thick creme called eucerin works very well. Well, If you wanna try it go ahead.If you see the reviews of Eucerin on a lot of sites such as drugstore.com or amazon.com and etc, lots of people recommended it. Eucerin, It really helps with pimples, redness and acne.
I hope this helps you out.
Kazz.

I had my back and chest waxed 10 days ago. My chest had only a few pimples, but there are probably 100 to 150 pimples on my back. Like many of the people here, I got waxed to look better at the beach, which completely backfired as I had to keep a shirt on the whole time.

The pimples began to appear about 2 days after the waxing and have just remained since. My wife has been popping the whiteheads at my request, but I’ll have her stop after reading this forum.

I had my wife try an at-home back wax kit about 4 months earlier. It was the kind where the strips already had the wax and them and didn’t need to be heated up. I had pretty much the same results. For two days, things were great then a ton of pimples. After 4 weeks or so, the pimples went away - which coincided with the hair growth, so I was either pimply or hairy.

I’ll try the epsom salt bath that others have recommended.

What I find interesting is that I had my chest and back waxed, but only my back broke out really badly. I had a good deal less back hair and I wouldn’t say that the back hair was any thicker/coarser than my chest hair.

Given my two pimple-laden experiences with back waxing (the first at home and the second with a professional), is it possible that my back will always react this way?

It could be several things at play. Either the area wasn’t kept clean, or you had sweat on it that dried, or you’re allergic to some ingredient in any of the products being used. For most people, it’s the sweat/cleanliness aspect as most people work out, sweat in hot conditions in the summer, etc before the skin has had a chance to heal.

sweat very well could have been the problem. It was during the heat wave of the east coast in late July. I went in pretty sweaty and sweated shortly thereafter. That certainly could be a contributing factor. But you’d think my chest would also be subject to the same problem.

Back tends to be more susceptible and it faces the sun more :). If you try it again, I would make sure to keep the area completely dry and clean as much as possible until the skin heals.

Before one waxes, make sure the back is washed well to remove any built up dirt and grime. You will always have resident bacteria present on your skin, so you can’t do anything about that, but the back is hard to reach to wash well and dirt can accumulate. If someone could scrub your back prior to waxing with a good antibacterial soap, see if that doesn’t lessen the pustule formation. And yes, try not to do activities that cause you sweat excessively (haha!).

Yes, the perspiration is very likly the cause, and the chest area has millions of sweat glands. Epsom salts are great for next time, but for this time round, there is not much hope of an instant resolution. Avoidence is really the key. With the chest area this is quite common, unfortunately and any form of exercise is contraindicatd for a few days afterwards. Also saunas and any acivity that causes the body to heat.

Soprano XLI by Alma solves that problem.

Solves what problem and how?

This is a very old topic but i’d like to bump it because i got into the same problem and started researching… i came across this topic and took a few tips but now i can add my own.

A pharmacist gave me a creme called CLINIDERM, it contains 1% Clindamycin (as clindamycin phosphate). I’m just reading off the box here and i’m not sure what this really is. It costs a little less than 10$ for a tube. It also has Hydroxypropl cellulose, ethanol, lavender oil, purified water. I may turn into a mutant.

The brand name is useless to you as this is a local pharmaceutical in Lebanon. Anyway, 1 use later all the red bumbs are gone leaving only the white heads, 2nd use and some white heads have actually become small red dots and it looks promising. I’m supposed to be using it twice a day but getting someone to do that for me has proven difficult as i live alone. Still, results.

And that’s where i stand now, at least morale is up and i may save what’s left of my summer afterall.

I should also mention that i have been really careful not to sweat or be dirty. I’ve been taking baths with crystallized salt every 18 hours or so. Not sure if they’ve helped but they’re sure fun. Also, i’ve been putting moisturizer in between baths when i feel like my skin is going dry.

Hope this helps.

Lastly, i’m never waxing or shaving ever again. I’ll laser nuke the hair at a professional next time.