Selectif Pro - Applisonix

Hi dee.oz! Since you had both: applisonix and good electrolysis treatment, I am just curious what did applisonix treatment feel compared with good electrolysis treatment? Did you feel hair was plucked when you had applisonix treatment compared with electrolysis treatment when hair did not show any resistance?

This is from Dectro International today on AEA Facebook:

Here is the full text:

Do you remember Applisonix Selectif Pro, this miraculous ultrasound tweezer which was intended to replace electrolysis on the permanent hair removal market? The manufacturer of Applisonix claimed that the tweezer could radiate ultrasound waves and that this energy could then be led to the base of the follicle, by the hair, where heat was created. All this, along with the promise “zero pain, zero skin reaction.” Powered by pseudo-scientific studies financed by the stock market launch of the manufacturer and an aggressive marketing campaign, this new gadget shook up the permanent hair removal industry. Three years later, it’s all over. If the rise was rapid, the fall was even more so. In a few months, Applisonix disappeared from the stock market. Their website is no longer in operation and all promotional material has been removed from the web. Thousands of salons that were duped, must now explain the lack of results to angry customers.

The story of Applisonix is certainly sad, but it is far from being a unique case. Each year new miraculous hair removal methods are made available. We only need to think of radiofrequency tweezers or devices using infrared light. The marketing concept of these gadgets is often similar: absence of independent “scientific” studies and huge promotional efforts combining video clips, magazines and increased web presence. Everything usually ends with bankruptcy or closure of the promoting company within 24 to 36 months, leaving thousands of customers without recourse, but with all their hair!

To you make the right choice in your quest of an efficient and permanent hair removal method, here are the 5 golden rules:

1. A hair is not a conductor!

Hair is made of keratin, a fibrous protein. This composite material is very strong and elastic, but it neither conducts electricity nor radiofrequency and even less ultrasound. To create heat at the base of the follicle, only two methods are effective: electrolysis and photoepilation. In the case of the latter method, the hair must be pigmented.

1. No sensation? Really?

If modern electrolysis devices are able to reduce the sensation of hair removal to a slight tingling, it is however not possible to completely eliminate any feeling. This is because each hair is surrounded by a network of nerve cells. Thus, by using heat to destroy the base of the follicle, there must be a sensation.

1. Hair shouldn’t resist!

The non-resistance of the hair when during the removal is an excellent indicator of the efficiency of the treatment. If it comes out with difficulty and the skin “raises”, the hair was probably ripped out and the results will be void. Using electrolysis, resistance does not exist since the hair glides gently outward. It is at this point that the electrologist knows that germ cells have been destroyed permanently.

1. Trust in history!

Electrolysis has been around for over 140 years, its effectiveness is therefore proven. Customers get exactly what they pay for: 100% permanent hair removal treatments, each and every time. Before investing in a new technology, it is important to try it for at least 3 to 6 months. It is only after this period that most of the hair has finished a complete cycle of growth and after which you can make your own opinion.

1. Choose the right partner!

The best technology will not be worth anything to you, if you are not supported by an active and present throughout the supplier lifecycle of the device. Make sure that the manufacturer and the device are present in the industry for a long time, you will receive comprehensive training, and most importantly, you will get an after-sales service.

La meilleure technologie ne vaudra rien pour vous, si vous n’êtes pas épaulé par un fournisseur actif et présent tout au long du cycle de vie de l’appareil. Assurez-vous que le manufacturier ainsi que l’appareil soient présents dans l’industrie depuis longtemps, que vous recevrez une formation complète, et surtout, que vous obtiendrez un service après-vente de qualité.

Thanks for passing that on Dee. It eventuated as we predicted, sadly for many consumers. It was just too good to be true.

Sad indeed!! I have a client who had this for 2 years she attended ever month. When she started with me she was still convinced that the applisonix had given her some improvement, however 9 months of electrolysis with virtually no more hair @ 6 weeks she realises the previous device did nothing infact probably give her stronger hair growth.
Amazing that with ‘scientific’ theory, money, great sales people and the stock exchange what can be made up. Horrific story here about a guy who sold a £13 golf ball finder as a bomb detector for £60m. These were then relied on at check point through out Iraq. Shocking to think of the consequences of this scam.

Thanks Dee. Very interesting.

@mhawkes

Were you the one administering the Applisonix treatments, or just the one cleaning up the aftermath?

If there is anyone who used the Selectif Pro in their practice, I would be very interested in discussing it with you. Please feel free to contact me privately if you wish.

No, I’ve never used it, client came to me after unsuccessful treatment with the applisonix

And so another scam product comes and goes. Where are those posters who were originally trying to push this thing? Funny how they are silent now. It’s sad how often this happens: a new “miracle tweezer” comes out, a few people heavily promote it and claim it will replace electrolysis…and then a couple of years later, when it’s been shown to be a scam, the company folds and those unwise enough to have spent money end up with no permanent hair removal and a lighter wallet. I did some research on the Applisonix online and found a lot of unhappy salon owners who spent 8K buying this contraption only to find out that it didn’t permanently remove anything.

Do you have any links to these unhappy owners writings or how you found them?

Reports from salons can be found here:

Interesting stuff, korkscrew. Thanks for searching for that.

Credit goes to WeRNotAfraid. [S]He found it and sent it to me. I just posted it.

That’s good of you to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for the help everyone!