Question regarding my Electrolysis' method?

3% is very mild.

nokinjo, you can buy it at Coles or Woolworths etc for a couple of dollars (comes in a plastic brown bottle in Australia).

I have read on some forums that peroxide can damage hair and change the colour of the hair.

how does one determine how coarse the hair is?
From a quick observation it seems that I have quite a mix with mine- or at least on the limbs :P. That will be fun as there’s a reason I do want the arms done…

I don’t ‘mind’ being hairy but at the same time I’m getting a lot of ‘pimples’ which is driving me nuts especially on my back.

may try to get pics to put up to get view points.

Yes and Yes…the damage to the hair is that it makes it porous and lightens the color - if the hair is very dark, it will turn red and with repeated applications lighten to a golden color. Finer hairs will lighten up more quickly than will coarser hair.

Coarseness has to do with the diameter of the hair. Think of it in the terms of fishing line - you can find many weights of fishing line… Some electrologists will work on body areas by going for the larger diameter hairs first.

Cool… hard to tell for me since I have vision issues lol.
I had figured it had to do with the ‘thickness’ of the hair.

Learn something new every day

It’s one of those terms that could mean several things. Venus and Mars communication, maybe? I don’t know how many conversations I’ve had with someone, and while some of the terms jibe, come to find out we weren’t talking about the same topic!!!

Thickness - does that mean how dense the hair is or does it mean the diameter of each hair?

Frequency - is that talking about a setting on the epilator or does it mean how often you have a treatment?

you definitely have a point there and I know I’ve had conversations where I say one thing and the other conversationalist thinks something completely different.

I had never thought of ‘diameter’ but more to do with density and even the ‘feel’ of the hairs (primitive and wrong- that I know after lurking here for a while lol).

I am sure how I am eyeballing my ‘fur’ may make me think it is denser and/or coarser when it may not be.

Am sure I am probably sounding dumb with my posts! :slight_smile:
Hm started writing more but I’ll move it to my thread :wink:

are full clearances necessary if I just want thin out certain parts? I have some hair patches that look like a bush because there are multiple hair follicles hair tightly next to each other.

Continuing “telogen” discussion, Josefa, you said that “80% hairs were in telogen phase.” Honestly, for me on photo they look like anagen hairs!
As far, as I understand, the insertion is shallower for telogen hairs than for anagen hairs.
Could you please, answer how did you distinguish and did a deeper insertions for the rest 20% of anagen hairs on this arm?
Thank you!

I agree with Micheal “it truly does not matter. It’s ALL about the skill of the person using the machine”.

I feel your arm hairs look very normal for a 17year old male.

It is very important if you decide to get laser hair removal done, you go to a technician who truly knows what they are doing in regards to settings e.t.c. You are only 17 and the last thing you would want to have as a concern is induced growth from laser. .

No, full clearances are not necessary.

If thinning a cluster of hairs is your main concern, then the electrologist can reduce the area, treating two of three hairs that live close together. That is the amazing thing about electrolysis - we can be artfully selective in removing some hairs while leaving others untouched.