Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) research

Problem is, you cannot rub any medicine or potion of any kind “down into the follicle.” The first laser to hit the market was “Thermolase” and they would wax the hair out, and rub in a lotion containing [black] carbon. The technique was a total failure (nice idea though) because the cream could NOT be rubbed into the evacuated follicle. Impossible!

I think I mentioned the work by Jules (Julius) Shapiro …perhaps his work is online. Bottom line … it didn’t work. PDT works nicely for diseases of the skin that are in the upper layers and when the diseased tissue absorbs the chemical … A form of this exists called, I believe, “blue light therapy” for pre-cancers. However, it’s still not as good as the “old fashioned” Fluorouracil.

Check it out: ThermoLase – HairFacts | Hair Removal Information

Maybe you can’t ‘rub it down into the follicle’, but different studies have shown that a PDT solution could accumulate in the hair follicle. I found a study (also on this forum) where there product (SL017) was found to localize in the hair follicle: Quest PharmaTech Inc. Announces Positive Phase I Clinical Trial Results For Cosmetic Hair Removal Application | BioSpace

I must have read 100 studies like this. Notice that the date is June 20, 2006. So, what happened during the last 16-years. Ready for market? Frankly, studies like this are interesting, but they are also created to stimulate stock prices.
Here’s the deal. IF and WHEN such a product is found to work, you won’t have to search the internet for “studies.” The story will be all over the news and in every health & beauty magazine in the world. Nobody is going to keep this a secret.