Permanent pigmentation change

that count was by a client a year and a half ago. I actually removed much more than she counted but as I was clearing I was often removing multiple hairs at a time and I dont know how she woud have counted. My machine actually has the capability to keep wonderful statistics, but, I dont really care to take the time to set it up. 3seconds a hair seems sorta slow I think iI’m currently about half that if not less, but again itdepends how you are working. The objective is to kill hair, speed is secondary.

Wait, so the presence of the lymph fluid is actually a negative reaction? I believe in some other thread Michael was reassuring me that it’s normal when working on thick hairs and that I shouldn’t worry about it too much.

In fact, almost everytime I get the treatment on my upper lip (around 30 minutes worth of work in thermolysis every 3 weeks) I get this reaction - the whole area becomes kind of wet. But then there is usually no (or very little) leakage after I come home in 2 hours. Scabbing is usually nonexistent. Any thoughts?

I’m going to let Michael take this question.
I’ll just pput out there that while lymph fluid itself isnt such a bad thing, it’s just your body healing itself, it’s not necessarily desireable either and can tell us some things about what caused the Lymph fluid to begin with , which could themselves be concerning.

Folks need to do a little on-line searching. Is it "Lymph fluid, “blood serum,” or “blood plasma?” Start there and it will answer your questions.

I only saw plasma (it’s plasma, right?) on my danger areas that caused intense skin reactions when all hairs were treated (no thinning). But I’m assuming if you’re not freaking out and no scabbing is seen, you’re probably a reptilian.

Probably mostly plasma, but other factors could be leaking out too. Hinkel’s (book) I believe talks about leaking lymph fluid and that’s sort of an error. (No wonder that’s what we all say? I mean, how can a book ever be wrong?)

Certain conditions cause lymph to leak out of wounds, but that would be dangerous because this factor nurtures bacteria (outside of the body). The fluid that is sometimes leaking is beneficial.

However, YES … if it’s too much that is a sign of over-treatment. Most of the time, the patient will never (or seldom) see any leaking. I sort of panic if I see leaking follicles … I screwed up!

So funny that a few statements can so easily be misinterpreted. Language sucks!

I got “nailed” by a British writer about the “units of lye chart.” Thing is she is right (according to her ideas); but her supposition about how it’s actually used was dead wrong.

See?

I thought you did fine.Coming up with the right thoughts is too much for me some days.

Thanks for responding but I’m curious how this statement…

…relates to these (from the other thread):

I’m a bit confused now…

You are looking for a definitive answer, and there is no such thing. Scabs? It depends. PIH? It depends. Leaking follicles? It depends. ONLY your skilled therapist can look at your skin and know if the reaction is okay … or not. You can’t find absolute answers, and certainly not on a website with all sorts of “points of views.”

Just stick with what your zapper is telling you and don’t try to second-guess. If it looks fine … it’s all good.

One more thing with regard to the main problem presented in the title of this thread:

Do you think that those blue-ish / gray-ish areas mentioned by the person in my first post could be in fact dermis scars similar in their nature to the stretch marks? As we all know, this type of scarring can sometimes look similar when it comes to colour. Of course, this is merely a hypothesis and I have no evidence to back it up. Maybe it’s a completely mistaken idea. I’m just curious what you thoughts are.