Need some info

But if electrolysis only empties the pores and doesn’t enlarge them , why should they even look ‘large’ or ‘open’. For example even waxing pulls out the hair follicles at the root, but it doesn’t make the pores look large.
And I read your discussion with sandra01,do the two of u agree that blend is better than probe?

That is just it. Electrolysis, when done properly, leaves the healed skin looking no different than it would if you had waxed. The problem is, many electrolysis clients spend time looking at their skin in 7x magnification mirrors, and imagine that they see enlarged pores, when they are only seeing empty pores. Why do they look any different from the “smaller” ones next to them? A pore that grows hair, is larger than one that doesn’t. It will take 3 months to a year for that follicle to be indistinguishable from a never grew hair before follicle.

Since your idea got truncated in the typing, I don’t know what your full thought was, so I will just try to answer what I think your other question was:
Galvanic is the easiest form of hair removal to get good enough to approach 100% kill rate. Second place goes to Blend, and Third place goes to Thermolysis. What this means is Practitioner skill is three times more important in thermolysis than in galvanic, although great practitioners in all three modalities will have an equal per hair success rate. At that point, the only thing to choose over is the fact that the blend operator will remove two to three times as much hair as the galvanic operator, and the thermolysis operator will remove three to five times (in some cases ten times) as many hairs as the galvanic operator.

What I don’t advise is do it yourselfers starting out with thermolysis, for the obvious stated reason.

Hi vacua, I have never used galvanic on its own so I can’t comment on it( my machine is capable of it but I have only trained in diathermy and blend ,so I wouldn’t use it,)personally I prefer blend,I have a low regrowth rate with it , my clients skins look lovely after treatment, no scabbing (that would horrify me) no bleeding/blood spots, hairs easily sliding out,.With diathermy I sometimes get a slght swelling around treated hair follicles, which clients inform me that it usually lasts a couple of hours.On sensitive clients I use two piece gold needles, I recently tried one piece stainless steel and I quite like them , I dont think they would be suited for everyone though they were longer than the gold , and I havent seen gold needles that come in the longer length here in the uk yet, After treatment I use an aloe vera gel
On the whole I have very happy clients and that makes me a happy electrologist,the job is so rewarding when you see clients confidence grow. Now I’m rambling, I just love removing hair

Hello,
I am new to the forum and love what I have read so far.
I had alot of success with a practitioner who uses a muti-needle galvanic machine. I was taught how to use it by her. She has a machine that is ancient(she thinks from the 1930’s or 1940’s by a company called hoffman) and was interested in purchasing one for myself. I know this company no longer exists but I would really like to purchase something that is like that one. I saw that one was sold on Ebay in December for around $200.

It seems like you are a fan of the galvanic form-but I know that most people don’t offer it anymore as the process takes very long. I feel it is the most effective.

Can you advise me on any companies that sell the galvanic machines today? I am willing to buy a new one (if I have to).

Thanks in advance!

Hi James,
Is it true that a person should drink a lot of water before starting a session of electrolysis?

Hi princess.

I’m kind of on the run here, but you might want to look at the Gentronics MC 160 or the Clareblend product. Do a search on google and you will find some more info. You can also call the electrolysis supply companies and talk to a real person (prestige, texas electrolysis, instatron).

For something used , perhaps you can go to www.electrology.com and see what is offered in their classified ad section.

Dee

The water must already be in your system. Drinking water an hour or 3 prior to the appointment is not going to make up for not drinnking the normal recommendation of 64oz or more per day that many in the US ignore. I have actually had clients travel great distances to have treatment with me, and they arrive too dehydrated to get any treatment done. They thought drinking gallon of water on the way to my office would make up for it, but were sadly mistaken.

As for Multiple-Needle Machines:

Gentronics

MC-160D - M Digital Multiple Needle Galvanic $2,095US

MC- 160D - C Single, Blend, Flash & Multi-Needle $2,295US

Roller stand w/floating arm $245US
They also have a single needle unit available:
MC-160D - F Single Full Needle Blend and Flash 1,795 w/air add $300

To purchase one worldwide, or get questions answered contact:
Daniel Hurtubise
6766 Omphalius Rd
Colden NY 14033
D_Hurtubise@MSN.com