Need advice

I found this great website which lists all prescription medications that can cause hair growth. You can check to see if the birth control pill you took is on the list:

http://www.hairroute.com/drug2001.pdf

Hi, well I am just taking Glocuphage. Yes I have more male hormones. now i do I guess before I got hair was weight gain. I have not gone to Fina I will go to the other elec. in Caldwell, New Jersey

and thanks for the website:)

I have been going to an electrologist/teacher for the past year in Wayne, New Jersey. She has been doing this for 35 years and seems to have a very good handle on hair removal–no scars. She is pricey however, but I have achieved results. Let me know if you’d like her name and number.

To Sahara:

Taking glukofage is fine for bringing your hormones within normal limits. But if you want to control exess hair (I’m sure you do) ask your doctor about androgen blockers to supplement your glukofage treatment.

You see, your doc maybe treating your condition from a purely medical perspective. I mean to say, that since a hormonal imbalance can be unhealthy and can effect other systems in your body, so s/he will prescribe meds to treat it. But some docs make the mistake of not giving enough emphasis to the hair problem as a symptom of a medical disorder because it in itself will not cause any physical complications.

You should make it clear to your doc that the hair problem is an important to you part of your diagnosis and you want it treated. Be assertive and if your doc is not supportive, find another doc.

I am not a doctor and I am not an expert in treating medical conditions, but this is what I heard that ppl with similar conditions take. And I also know that a lot of docs don’t care much about their patients and their feelings. So you have to be on top of what is being done to you.

Good luck!