My Hair Issues

This is an exciting stage of treatment, when you get glimpses of what your skin was like, before the hair appeared. With each treatment ,it gets clearer and clearer, and after about six weeks, it will be perfectly smooth between treatments. I am really pleased for you.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have clearance! We skipped last week, after getting to probably 90% clearance in two hours on back-to-back days. Today We put in another hour and right at the end of the hour, she said she was running out of hairs!

Some of the hairs were too short, which tells me that either a new crop is coming on, or some of them are slowing down. Next week I will stop shaving after Sunday, instead of Monday (for Tuesday afternoon appointment).

Also, quite a few ingrowns have started popping out. I am using a “blackhead clearing” toner with about 2% salicylic acid (like Tend Skin but more mild) and I think it is slowly dissolving dead skin and letting those ingrowns out. I don’t want to use something as strong as Tend Skin right now. I am only using this stuff starting 2 days after treatment, and so far it has not caused any irritation or made me break out.

My skin felt pretty puffy and irritated after my treatment today, and I had some pinprick blood spots (just 3-4) on the tissue holding the ice pack. I assume it is from capillaries that were really close to the follicles. I applied more ice (wrapped in a cloth) when I got home, which I haven’t felt the need to do before.

My first treatment was March 10. I have had 4 hours of treatment in 3 hour-long sessions and 1 half-hour consult. I have seen such an amazing difference already and it has only been 3 weeks. I know that in 3 more weeks I will start seeing the already-treated hairs coming back weaker, and I’m ready for it. Apparently they will be faster to treat and the treatment will be easier on my skin. Soon enough we will have treated all the hairs at least once, and I think that will really be the turning point.

Isn’t it nice to see that what we told you in the beginning has really come to pass? I tell all my clients that the first time is the worst time, and then I have to convince them to come back for more, even though they don’t believe me when I tell them the follow up treatments all get easier than the first clearance.

Give your hair remover a hug for us.

yay! :smiley:

That’s how it works! Fasten your seat belt, there will be more hair to come. Just keep doing what you are doing until ther is nothing to do.

Hugs to you honey easter bunny and to your electrologist.

Dee

In 3 weeks, you’ll be seeing NEW hair from the next phase of growth, but don’t be discouraged by that. This will continue happening for several months and you’ll then start seeing less and less hair appear.

Looking foreward to some new pics soon. Thrilled re your progress, and sense your relief knowing that you are on the right path.

I plan to post a picture of Thursday morning after taking Tuesday and Wednesday off from shaving in preparation for my treatment. The hairs are just so much less dense now that even the stubble doesn’t feel very bad in the evenings.

I have had some more ingrowns popping out and I have to resist the urge to pluck them or pull them out with my fingernails (I have cut my fingernails shorter to try to break that habit) because suddenly they are there and they are 1/2" long! I’ve also noticed some new hairs popping up along my jaw and underneath my jaw where it meets my neck, and on my lower neck. So I’ve had to expand my shaving ‘region.’ I’m sure I was plucking these and they are probably just slower growing because they didn’t get plucked as often.

Overall my skin has improved so much. I am using tea tree oil now (so easy to find here in Australia) at night, even though DH complains about the smell. I do have one infected ingrown that I just would not leave alone, and now I have to remind myself not to try to pop it. But overall just such an improvement.

I am happy to hear that things are going well. I do envy your easy access to good Tea Tree Oil inexpensively down under. (If you ever send me a thank you gift, you can substitute the usual #7 jersey with a box or vat of tea tree oil :grin: )

If you dissolve some aspirins in a small amount of alcohol, you can make yourself some home brew Tend Skin and get those ingrown hairs out quicker. Just make sure you mix this up in a glass container with a metal top. The mixture will dissolve plastic (as would tea tree oil). Don’t touch this mixture with your fingers, apply with a cotton swab (called Q-Tips here in the US).

I’m eager to see your pictures!!! :slight_smile:

That’s “before” Hour 5. We are in the 7th week of treatment now, and that is 2.5 days of growth, with 14 days between treatments. Sorry it is so blurry.

I got worked on for 1.5 hours instead of just 1, because the electrologist lost track of time. We got a lot done, including further down my neck. That was pretty uncomfortable. Pretty close to clearance except for one area on the left side of my neck. I was just really ready to be finished after 1.5 hours, so we will catch that one next time.

We should be getting really close to most follicles having been treated once. I can’t wait for the regrowth to begin, because my electrologist tells me it will be much easier and quicker!

New to the forum, reading your post with interest honey_bunny. Would you please PM me with the details of where you are getting your treatment done in Brisbane?

Sent! :slight_smile: