My experience, theories and questions

I was thinking about those adhesive bandages that you can find anywhere. Are they supposed to be used as an insulation? If they are, wouldn’t it mean that it’s somewhere already proved that insulating a wound would promote it’s healing? Again, I’m just speculating here.

I was also thinking about the practical aspect. Who would personally put some cream, and more importantly plastic, on for a few days after an electro treatment? I know I wouldn’t mind putting the cream if it ends up working, however the plastic is another story!

But for the sake of the experiment, we could try it in 3 areas (plastic+cream / plastic only / nothing) and see what happens.

You forgot ‘cream only’, which is more important than plastic only.

I’ll do 4 tests then!

If you havent figured it out yet, Michael is somewhat leading you on as he knows what the results of this experiment will be :slight_smile:

The simple fact is there is nothing, no cream, vitamins, tea tree oil any of that crap, that is going to absorb through the epidermis to promote healing. Noting can make it’s way down the follicle. If its foreign, The macrophages will gobble it up, but there is an epidermal layer that forms very quickly over the healing follicle post treatment, and nothing you put on will make any difference whatsoever, whether you wrap it in plastic wrap, or not. If you do intend to do this test over several days you may want to pick up some “tegaderm” it is more durable than most saran wraps. I use glad “press n seal” wrap for clients who use lidocaine before treatment it has an adhesive which sticks to un-lotioned areas.

Michael knows that there is nothing you can put on your skin that will make one iota of difference. I’ve had clients swear to use the contents of vitamin E pills on electrolysis areas. It’s been famously said it would have more effect on healing, by just taking the pill :slight_smile:

As for hair stage of growth, it makes zero difference to kill rate, and going a few weeks between treatments gives the skin time to heal and become less sensative. Subsequent treatments in the same area too close together will cause more skin reactions. When I start beard areas I tend to thin one or two areas and do different areas on the cheeks each time, but that is just how I like to work. Hair can be treated in any stage of growth, even telogen ( and exogen if you can identify and insert into the follicle) you are killing the germination cells in the bulge not the hair itself, the hair is hard keratine and not alive.Michael, and Josepha, are both known to work the same way, work months apart between treatments, and do full clearances. The fact that that each of them has been doing this successfully for 30-40 years disproves the anogen only theory so popularly spouted. We treat hairs in any stage of growth. IF it’s a hair, it must die!

I do want to apologize to you , I misinterpreted your initial post. When Someone comes in here saying “I successfully sued” an electrologist without filling in the details , Well, most of us around here start thinking about liability ( even of free opinions we give) . I’m glad you took the time to fill in the details.
I do have a client with damage very similar to yours as I understand it was the result of waxing or sugaring gone wrong. Very similar looking indentations which have persisted and now been there for several years. We still do electrolysis on the area. They arent the end of the world .
And if Michael hasnt pointed it out to you yet, it’s beccause he’s too shy to promote his own work, so I’ll do it for him Michael has a really good video series on the Skins healing process called “the healing skin” a 4 part series on the skins healing reaction to electrolysis. It’s worthy of mentioning for your situation so here’s a link:

Seana

Yes I’m also quite biased on creams as I never found them to be working. But I’d also like to test it out again, to prove to myself and hopefully others that, well, they’re (probably) not worth the money and trouble. I’m also always open to be pleasantly surprised, but definitely not counting on it!

That waxing/sugaring gone wrong must’ve taken out the skin itself to give similar scars, holy sh*t lol!

two patches on each side of the skin. As I understand it I think that did occur. I noted it in the file as I always do.Experiences like yours are why I DO carry insurance.

How many units of distance is “nearby inflammation”? 1mm, 5mm, 1cm? Two feet, 3 inches? Is it OK to get electrolysis on your toe, and then on your ear the next day? Is that far away enough? Also, would you say that the soonest time to get electrolysis in the same area (whatever radius that is), is 7-10 days (as dfahey wrote, if I recall correctly), or what an electrologist recently told me, which is 2 weeks?

I experienced pebbling on my skin from electrolysis (which I’m not concerned about, because you can barely see it), and the electrologist told me that it is from getting electrolysis in the same area too early (not from having a large total number of treatments with generous spacing inbetween, as Bono’s video implies). Another electrologist told me that a cause of pebbling can be from using thermolysis at too high an intensity. Are they all correct, or just some of them? I don’t know who to believe.

I’d be more inclined to think that permanent damage is made in ‘‘one go’’ that was way too intense, than consecutive treatments that didn’t let the skin fully heal. Most of the horror stories I’ve heard were from people with only one unfortunate clearance.

There would also be no way to know if those ‘‘consecutive treatments’’ were the cause of the damage since, for one, I don’t think anyone is willing to test that, and also, how would we know if the damage wasn’t simply caused by the first (and maybe other?) treatments (and not the repetition).

Hi, I’m very sorry you had to go through all the back and forth struggle and I’m glad you found a good lawyer. I’m currently going through a similar situation where the electrologist left major scaring on my chin as well as overtreatment. I’m having a hard time finding a lawyer if there is any way u can refer me to the lawyer that helped with ur case I would greatly appreciate it.